PDA

View Full Version : has anyone cut a finger off?

quadracer12
01-19-2003, 02:32 PM
my dad cut the end of his finger off last night using a table saw. i was wondering if anyone here has ever done that. the doctors sowed what they could up (couldn't save any of the cut off part). i was wondering how long it would be before it would stop hurting . he says the throbing is unbearable.

cheetah
01-19-2003, 02:34 PM
Sorry to hear about that. My grandpa got his big toe cut off. A train car loaded with coal rolled over it. I hope your dad gets better soon.

kc 300EX
01-19-2003, 02:38 PM
I havent, but my cousin has. He popped the chain on his old 250X, while he was going up a hill, so he had to stop, and put the chain back on, Something happened while he was rolling it back, and his middle finger got caught between the chain and the sprocket. He had to roll it around the whole sprocket because he couldnt push the quad back up the hill.........its cut off at the top knuckle now.

zephead400ex
01-19-2003, 02:45 PM
My dads friend got his hand cut off, pretty sweet though. All he has now is tit grip. He signed a letter of intent to race motocross for team Yamaha like a week before he cut his hand off. He is still a kewl mofo. He also rode trialsbike's for many years...not any more.

Hey Quadracer, tell you dad to take a Valium and a few beers, he will be fine.

Seriously though, my thoughts are with him!

Woodsrider
01-19-2003, 03:15 PM
Not my own!:D

My uncle lost two fingers an half a thumb with tablesaw. Valium will dull the pain.

bluebaron
01-19-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by cheetah
Sorry to hear about that. My grandpa got his big toe cut off. A train car loaded with coal rolled over it. I hope your dad gets better soon.

:rolleyes: common sense please:rolleyes:

01-19-2003, 03:21 PM
cheeba man can help the pain

zephead400ex
01-19-2003, 03:29 PM
cheeba man can help the pain

tants
01-19-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex

lmao

Krazy Kid
01-19-2003, 06:35 PM
My buddy adam was drivin along on his moped and reached down for some reason and caught his pinky in the sproket and it cut about a half centimeter off or so...that has to hurt...hope ur dad gets better soon

roostin_dale
01-19-2003, 06:52 PM
My friend was working on a giant generator and he had a wrench on a bolt and the engine turned and his finger got cut off between the metal

SGA
01-19-2003, 07:01 PM
My uncle was working with a pto on a tractor. It popped his finger off at the middle knuckle. He keeps his finger in a jar of some clear liquid, formaldehyde I think, under the kitchen sink. Its weird looking at it.

01-19-2003, 07:14 PM
dang, that is nasty, peeps shouldnt post stuff like this becuase i can imgine it happening and ouch.. like that 250x with the cahin and sprocket

Stevie-D
01-19-2003, 07:16 PM
:p i know a guy who stuck his hand in a flywheel, (while the car was running:rolleyes: ) and he cut half his middle finger off

Fender Bender
01-19-2003, 07:18 PM
That made me nautios (sp?) my freinds uncle's seat on his tractor broke and he fell into those round blades:(

kicken250x
01-19-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by SGA
My uncle was working with a pto on a tractor. It popped his finger off at the middle knuckle. He keeps his finger in a jar of some clear liquid, formaldehyde I think, under the kitchen sink. Its weird looking at it.

haha thats cool...

"BLAHH"300!!
01-19-2003, 07:41 PM
dude i know got his whole arm "RIPPED" off

3 differant incedents here.

1)- buddy was working with a crane, lifting something off a truck,
as the crane lifted the box, he noticed that the hook was upside down, so he reashed in the flip it, (hold it up) well, he held it up for a little too long, the tipps of three of his fingers were through the chain, as it lifted it pinched all three tips off in a slant "/"
it's been about a year now, and he's back to playing guitar, he says he playes better now than he did before, his 3rd finger doesn't get in his way

2)-another crane accident....crane was lowering a crate loaded with something onto a truck, his job was to make sure that the 2x4's under the load were centerd, so that a forklift could unload it later....it wassn't centerd so he reached under there to slide on of them over...cranes brakes slipped and "CRASH" squished his arm...had to have it cut off up to his shoulder...ouch

3)-auger..you know those things that you stick a tree in one end, and it comes out as wood chips on the other.....well...
get this....freind was loading the auger with limbs, it was cold outside, he had on a long sleeve shirt. shirt cought on a branch, augerblades cought on the limb, and sucked him in. "blahh:blah "
his brother saw what was happening, and shut it off before it got too for in...lost his hand, and from right above his elbow where your arm muscel starts, down..is just bone covered by skin....
he's got a 300ex too...he switched his clutch, and gas levers to the other side of his handy bars,...still rides.

GetHigh250r
01-19-2003, 07:45 PM
i cut my thumb off when i was little, a old style window in a house fell down and my thumb was in the way....they sowed it back on and u cant even tell...want me to post pics...lol

SGA
01-19-2003, 07:52 PM
Dang BLAH300. As i was reading, I thought it was the same guy all three times. I was like, That guy needs to get away from heavy equipment!

Fender Bender
01-19-2003, 07:52 PM
i dont wanna see little nubs

NTPRacing#19
01-19-2003, 07:58 PM
i got a friend who was makin lil bombs with Co2 cartridges and gun powder well when he was packing it, it sparked and he lost part of his middle finger.

KP's lil'300
01-19-2003, 08:15 PM
my dad had his right foot peeled from the right side of his big toe to about halfway back to his heel. he somehow got his foot wedged under a riding mower that his cousin was driving, they then rushed to the emergency room to have his 4 toes reattached (sp?). now 75 stitches later, and about 30 years of recoopertion later, almost good as new.:blah :blah Kaysen

01-19-2003, 08:42 PM
remember ...JOHN BOBBIT? :(