PDA

View Full Version : what would you do?

deezie
01-19-2003, 02:30 PM
after some research i realized that when buying a used quad you really never know what the heck the person who owned it before you put it through... sooo i was thinking that maybe a used 250r, scrambler or 400ex probly wouldnt be a good idea just b/c of reliability..... so i started to look up cheaper 4-wheelers... i came across a mojave, which everyone says is darn near equal to a 300ex.... i was looking even more and decided to look up blasters, now in the past i thought blasters were the ugliest dang atv's known to man and they looked like somethin my little brother would ride but i didnt realize that the looks have changed..... the 2003's look awesome.... now i have 25 acres of woods behind my house and the only thing i would use a 4-wheeler for is to ride through trails and go muddin and climb hills and so on... so doing all that, would you guys choose a 2003 blaster over a 2001-2002 mojave??..or vice versa????? (trying to stay under 3,000 bucks)......THANKS!

DGR Designs
01-19-2003, 02:52 PM
id say screw the both of them bikes and get a recon if your gonna go muddin and hill climbin.

deezie
01-19-2003, 03:13 PM
well i would want something fast and fun too

killed300ex
01-19-2003, 03:33 PM
well if i were you i would get the 300 just because you can put more agreesive tires on it and it will be better in mud and on hills that a blaster. Just becase its a 4 stroke as for a mojave I really dont know that much about it id say go to the dealer and test drive them both then make your desision on that
kiled

Rip_Tear
01-19-2003, 04:31 PM
Well I am kinda sorry to say neither... I would definately choose something else, I was looking at Blasters during the summer, only because I wanted to be cheap... The Mojave.... theres only one nice Mojave out there and it is expensive....(hes on this site...) Sorry but I dont like either of your choices... If you dont want a 4x4, look at the 250ex, or even the older 250X, I know what your saying about a used quad, but with a Honda only so much can go wrong... It really doesn't cost a ton of money to keep an older quad running nicely, just keep up the maintaince... I hope I helped you... At the very worst, I would go for the blaster, its cheaper to modify.

roostin_dale
01-19-2003, 06:04 PM
fast, fun, muddin, hill climbin.......i think you need a scrambler 400 2x4.

Sportrax10
01-19-2003, 06:52 PM
Out of the two, go for the Blaster. Its a lot lighter easy to modify. And dont forget, to save some money you could buy an older one and just put the stuff the new 2003s have one them to make it look better. Also I have rode a Lakoda, and correct me if im wrong, but Mojoves are very similar to them and it was really heavy. I dont know about the mud though.

freakystone
01-19-2003, 07:07 PM
Get the Mojave. I see new ones for $2900 all over. They are not near as heavy as the Lakota (about 60 to 75 lbs. lighter I think). They are hard to start though. A fried of mine has a 2001 Mojave that has been piped and jetted in mint condition and it runs neck and neck with a piped 400EX till the EX hits forth gear. I think he is selling it for about $1800.00. My brother had a Blaster and it was pretty quick for a 200 cc.