PDA

View Full Version : A Dealer Tried Screwing My Friend Over

LT-R450 131
12-15-2009, 02:53 PM
They were selling a 08 left over ds for $4500, so he liked that price and applied for the support program, well they tell him he was approved so he was all excited and drove an hour to the dealer just for them to tell him the price was over $8000!! They told him the discount is off the retail price and that he can only use the $1000 towards the oringinal price of the suspenion not with the 75% off and had to pay for the"free" parts wow! If you live in CA don't ever go to Clawsons motorsports in fresno CA

craigmacphee
12-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Sorry to hear of your buddies luck. That is NOT the way the program was intended at all. I hope this dealer is exposed loud and clear!

mhill157
12-15-2009, 03:47 PM
I wonder why there is so much confusion with the dealers on how this program works? It is pretty straight forward.

LTMFB
12-15-2009, 06:10 PM
I got just the right thing for this. I had a dealer that was not "up to speed" on the program. I emailed one of the support representatives....(hit the website and call the BRP Customer Service and they can give you the phone #).

I called them and they gave me the email to the canamxteam and within 4 days, not business days but calendar days I got a call on my personal cell from the District Manager, Sean. He wanted to make sure that I knew as a customer that he had contacted poor dealership and made sure they knew the program extensively. He also called the local dealerships to see if there was another one in my area that had a leftover 450x.

Coming from a sales/customer service career I think that was OUTSTANDING! A personal call from the District Manager for BRP to make sure that I was taken care of...as well as to find another bike/dealer made me feel valued as a consumer.

Good on them!

Bottom Line is....if you're NOT getting the service and dealers that do NOT understand the program don't hesitate to call the BRP customer service. They WILL help!

Also....this deal only goes on until 31 Jan 2010 so waiting around for the dealer to figure it out is not what I would do. Be proactive and get a great deal w/the racer program.

RideRed84
12-15-2009, 08:10 PM
If your buddy is still looking, I have an '08 for $4000 w/ 2 rides on it.

LT-R450 131
12-16-2009, 08:15 AM
Naw he was going to get a can am no matter what but after that he ended up getting a stock Honda, it's dealers like this that r hurting can ams sells.

Claas900
12-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by LT-R450 131
They were selling a 08 left over ds for $4500, so he liked that price and applied for the support program, well they tell him he was approved so he was all excited and drove an hour to the dealer just for them to tell him the price was over $8000!! They told him the discount is off the retail price and that he can only use the $1000 towards the oringinal price of the suspenion not with the 75% off and had to pay for the"free" parts wow! If you live in CA don't ever go to Clawsons motorsports in fresno CA
I know that dealership. Tho I've never dealth with them. I'm in Hanford,so most of the time I just go to Visalia.

hasbeenttduner
12-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by LT-R450 131
Naw he was going to get a can am no matter what but after that he ended up getting a stock Honda, it's dealers like this that r hurting can ams sells.

Did he buy the Honda from the same dealer?

LT-R450 131
12-16-2009, 02:35 PM
How do you like the dealer in Visalia?

And hell no he didn't haha he ended up getting a used 07 for a good price.

Claas900
12-16-2009, 03:27 PM
I guess i should have said i go to the one in Tulare more. I havent bought a new manchine from either one but the one in Tulare is a lot nicer with a lot more to look at. I guess I'm just more of a lookie loo. But in the end I wouldnt trust either one.