PDA

View Full Version : Esticky Graphics

troybilt
12-15-2009, 10:15 AM
I tried contacting esticky today to see if they'd make custom graphics for the 250r... He said they won't do 250R and will only do 450r... I don't know why... sounds dumb to me, f'm

So who should I go to for custom graphics? Any of you have examples?

I've found goforitgraphics.com but they only show current machines and not 250r as available... I know they used to do 250r graphics.

BRM offroad makes them, but I haven't seen any examples and the ones they show the site are copied from atvgraphics.org

I want a fresh look... any ideas? Am I going to have to design them in adobe photoshop myself?

250Renvy
12-15-2009, 10:23 AM
BRM is probably the place to go. Did you see the graphics posted on the other site?

Go for it will probably do them, but I've heard that they are expensive and the thickness isn't up to par with other graphics and they can powerwash off.

If you have somebody design anything elaborate it'll be pricey. If you can do the graphics yourself and just get them printed I think you could get them done for around $50 at a sign shop, the biggest thing is the formatting.

I scanned and modified an old set of ONE ind.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i289/250Renvy/Decals/ONEOEMRi.jpg?t=1260897726

troybilt
12-15-2009, 10:29 AM
hey I like those, you did a real nice job. What software did you use to modify them?

I can get a local sign company to print them for me, but I'm a little hesitant that I'll be going back and forth them to get them right and may cost me more in the long run, just do to the learning curve on both our ends. Do you have someone that prints them for you that already knows correct thickness, and glossy'ness, etc...?

here is one that I did in photoshop... still not sold on it yet.

250Renvy
12-15-2009, 10:35 AM
I used photoshop then got a friend that does graphics to incorporate it into Illustrator. We took that file (300mb) to the printer and he still had to put it into his printing program. It ended up costing $50 to print on 7 year 8mil vynyl. 20mil with UV coating was going to cost $150 so I just went without.

I ended up selling the plastic with the graphics on them and don't have any pics.

Also, the guy I used to get is now out of business. I plan on using BRM when I do my HRE 400ex graphics.

croat1
12-15-2009, 11:14 AM
troy:
this past year i emailed one ind. and factory effex about re -releasing some of their 250r graphics kits. their answer of course was no.

luckily i have brand new sets in the package. in a couple weeks i am going to some print/sign shops and see what they can do as far as duplicating them with some changes of course.

let me know what you do. i might get a set or two.

troybilt
12-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks Joe, I'll keep you posted. Do you have pics of the ones you are getting duplicated?

This goes for all aftermarket not just esticky, but I just don't get it... why not make stuff for the 250r?... if there is a market, which at least in the world we all live in the 250r market is alive and well.. The 250r has to be the most popular sport atv ever sold... :grr:

FWIW I stole this off of the 450r site, but I thought a red version of this for the 250r would be nails...

croat1
12-15-2009, 11:45 AM
troy:
i will post pics of what i have tonight. off to work right now.

i so like those 450r graphics

cdrookie
12-15-2009, 03:47 PM
did you contact xgx? i know they are very $$$$$ but say they do custom work, and have some nice designs, so maybe??????

honda4traxx87
12-15-2009, 06:18 PM
i think elsinore style graphics wouldbe the coolest. with the elsinore green and grey and have the oval number plates

danhung11
12-15-2009, 08:39 PM
I had these done at Don at ProGraphx.com, he's pretty good. I remember having him on the phone and asking him to make certain changes. The color in the graphics in Chrome Red and was shiney. Needless to say, it matched the frame color pretty darn close. Very nice stuff, it just killed me to not have a matching seat cover.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/100_0593.jpg

croat1
12-15-2009, 11:28 PM
troy: here are the factory effex graphics and seat

croat1
12-15-2009, 11:29 PM
and the one industries

croat1
12-15-2009, 11:33 PM
honestly i don't really like either of them. but they were the only ones i found new in package. found both sets on craigslist.

we are very limited on graphics for our r's. i thing the only way to go is to pony up the cash and get custom one's made. or get the nac's racing ones (just joking).

over at the other site i asked one of the advertisers to duplicate them. he said that i needed to get written permission from then to get them duplicated. i left it at that.

mcarlson1
12-16-2009, 12:30 AM
go for it still has them on their site, you have to go to more designs under the atv graphics and the 250r is there, i thought they werent making them either at first. It took me awhile to find em. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Mike

red88r
12-16-2009, 12:57 AM
I don't know if anyone has ever tried Throttle Jockey. They made the Klotz ones for Klotz to sell and give to their sponsered riders. I contacted them about getting more for guys around here and they said they would do them for 65 bucks. They make them out of good material but they no longer make the matching seat covers so I decided to not to get any at this time. Maybe they will work with you on custom ones...I don't know. They also said I could put sponsor names on the graphics for 5 bucks each.

stoopidbot
12-16-2009, 03:34 AM
I own a company that makes custom number plates, you need/want at least 9mm thick vinyl, G4 Graphics uses 16mm. You have to remember that if you design them yourself and have someone else print them, you cannot use anyones logo. Not even the MFG's logo. It is near a 500,000 fine to use a logo without permission.(has to be written consent) If a print shop actually does it for you they are very foolish, getting caught can shut a company down.

troybilt
12-16-2009, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by stoopidbot
I own a company that makes custom number plates, you need/want at least 9mm thick vinyl, G4 Graphics uses 16mm. You have to remember that if you design them yourself and have someone else print them, you cannot use anyones logo. Not even the MFG's logo. It is near a 500,000 fine to use a logo without permission.(has to be written consent) If a print shop actually does it for you they are very foolish, getting caught can shut a company down.

Good to know, for sure, does that mean Honda too? I scanned in several stickers to try and add them to my graphics... didn't work too well...

I emailed G4 to see what they can do. I'll also check with BRM, I remember someone on here had a set made by them, price was like $175 or something stupid like that... btw, with no seat cover.

My last resort option is just go with plain old 89 graphics like have on it now with few sponser stickers and number plates, like an old school XC bike.

troybilt
12-16-2009, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by croat1
honestly i don't really like either of them. but they were the only ones i found new in package. found both sets on craigslist.

we are very limited on graphics for our r's. i thing the only way to go is to pony up the cash and get custom one's made. or get the nac's racing ones (just joking).

over at the other site i asked one of the advertisers to duplicate them. he said that i needed to get written permission from then to get them duplicated. i left it at that.

Joe, those don't look too bad. At least you have something to use.

I think CT racing is another option, but I literally have nothing on my bike that is CT... so to me seems weird to go with CT graphics... or Duncan...

This build is probably just going to keep costing, more and more and more.... :grr:

This is reason # 5,283 why I want a 450r chassis with a 250r motor!!!!

stoopidbot
12-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Yes, that includes the Honda logo. It's not hard to get consent, just time consumming. You have to contact the company's marketing department and they will direct you to the correct people. Everything must be handwritten.

fastrnrik
12-16-2009, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
Good to know, for sure, does that mean Honda too? I scanned in several stickers to try and add them to my graphics... didn't work too well...

I emailed G4 to see what they can do. I'll also check with BRM, I remember someone on here had a set made by them, price was like $175 or something stupid like that... btw, with no seat cover.

My last resort option is just go with plain old 89 graphics like have on it now with few sponser stickers and number plates, like an old school XC bike.

G4 wanted written releases to put sponsor logo's on graphics when I talked to them a few months ago. They were very strict on this. To me, it wasn't worth the hassle. I use BRM, but I just have custom graphics without any sponsor logo's. There's a company that my friend uses, mxgraphixpro or something like that. They do nice work. I'll find out their exact name. Also, Spiked Industries will do pretty much any kind of graphics. He's a good dude. I'll see if I can get his info as well.

croat1
12-16-2009, 07:53 AM
what about getting matching seat covers? that is going to be an expensive problem. i talked to tammy at cosmic quads a few monthe ago. she might be able to help. good thing that cosmic quads is only about an hour away from me.

troybilt
12-16-2009, 08:12 AM
what about getting matching seat covers? that is going to be an expensive problem. i talked to tammy at cosmic quads a few monthe ago. she might be able to help. good thing that cosmic quads is only about an hour away from me.

I've talked to Jeff at GravesMotorsports and he does custom seat covers. Now whether you can get those to match the graphics or not, IDK... probably take a little trial and error or sending the graphics kit to them so they can try and match it. http://www.gravesmotorsports.com/

I have not talked to Cosmic quads at all.

Now, I have worked with CEET and they are awesome to work with, I know they do some graphics and seat covers too, not sure about custom stuff. They were the seats to have, back in the day. I really liked mine, top notch quality.

troybilt
12-16-2009, 08:22 AM
Also note, I got an email back from G4 and they still do 250r stuff as many have said in this thread. $109 for a base design and they go up from there. fairly limited on designs, they can add logos but need to check with them to see which ones they have.

So, moral of the story:

1.) G4 - graphics but no seat covers, limited designs, can do custom (good quality graphics)
2.) GravesMotorsports - seat covers but no graphics
3.) Cosmic Quads - seat covers but no graphics
4.) CEET - possible, I still need to check with them
5.) NSTYLE - doesn't appear to have anything anymore, ebay maybe find something
6.) Factory Effex - no 250r stuff anymore, ebay best option here
7.) ESticky - no way no how on anything 250r, never have never will
8.) Ebay - Honda reproduction graphics, 2 legit suppliers I know of on there
9.) BRM Graphics - good quality, no seat covers, can do custom somewhat pricey

There are few more companys others are checking on for graphics.

stoopidbot
12-16-2009, 09:26 AM
I don't do full graphics kits but I do do 100% custom number plates. Here are the ones I run on my quad.

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt356/stoopidbot/PLOURDEFRONTPLATE-1.jpg
For some reason photobucket chops the top of my 7.
http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt356/stoopidbot/DynamicgraphicsLeftRear-1.jpg

I like to use 9mm thick vinyl, It is much easier to apply them versus the 16mm like G4. The only thing my stickers haven't held up to was the quad being ran into a tree. The branches tore the vinyl. They were stabbed, not just scratched.

skyeryder
12-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Jeff at Hygh Octane (hyghoctane.com) they are a series promoter of our in state xc series IXCR, said he has templates for 250r and can design some custom graphics. I'm gonna price his for my TT build, I'll let you know

troybilt
12-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by stoopidbot
I don't do full graphics kits but I do do 100% custom number plates. Here are the ones I run on my quad.

I like to use 9mm thick vinyl, It is much easier to apply them versus the 16mm like G4. The only thing my stickers haven't held up to was the quad being ran into a tree. The branches tore the vinyl. They were stabbed, not just scratched.

Those look great stoopidbot! can you email me so I have your contact information?

crownlineboats@hotmail.com

stoopidbot
12-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
Those look great stoopidbot! can you email me so I have your contact information?

crownlineboats@hotmail.com Email sent to you!

croat1
12-16-2009, 10:35 AM
troy: go to the hybid section and look at the thread by 3leggeddog. he has some graphics done by white knuckle graphics

250Renvy
12-16-2009, 11:57 AM

Joe I was looking for a new seat cover for the ONE industries that you have for quite a while. If I were certain I was going to go with 250R body stuff I'd throw an offer to you but I kinda don't like the seat either. I want something without the TRXR on the back - more like 250R or Fourtrax like on the 88's.

If you take that seat cover to Tammy at cosmic quads and are interested in getting some custom graphics modified - (I have a new set too that I scanned and have modified) I'd chip in for the 'development cost'

You mentioned you ordered some FULL fullbore fenders. When you get them could you remember to take some pictures of them and post? I may order some but have seen different lengths in the front and am concerned they won't be low enough and be able to use the oem fender brackets to stop from flopping.

BTW I have a NEW set of the older style factory effects graphics, but no seat cover
--------

Back to the post : http://zingracing.com/AboutZing.html

We could easily have a contest to come up with some graphics kits that people would want and order a complete set with seat covers from Zing. Minimum order is 15 so somebody would either have to pony up or get 15 people to buy, but it would be the cheapest route and you'd get what you want.

Another option - I'm not a fan of their 250R kits that haven't been updated but the other ones I like and could be copied or possibly asked if they can be made into 250R is:
DMP graphics.

Check here too.

http://www.atvgraphicman.com/atv/honda/trx250ratvgraphics.html

troybilt
12-16-2009, 12:18 PM
I've looked at atvgraphicman quite a bit for both my 450 and 250r, to be honest nothing shown on there really strikes me.

Graphics are one of those things, that you kind a have an idea in your head, so once you see something that is close or similar to your thoughts, you know that's the one. I just haven't seen that "one" yet.

I like the idea of a contest, maybe get some photoshoppers on here and see what everyone comes up with. I think the kits that everyone would want has yet to be designed. Most of the stuff already out there is 10-20 yrs old, and not as flashy as the the kits you can find for newer bikes, IMO.

3leggeddog
12-16-2009, 12:20 PM
yeah,the guy Chas at White Knuckle was awesome.he is really nice,and has a great artistic eye in my opinion.Very reasonable pricing too.check out he website and give him a call!

shane125
12-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Hey guys check into ceet racing they have several different designs for our Rs and several seat covers still I was on their site just the other day and most of the R stuff says its in stock AND MOST OF IT IS ON CLEARANCE I mean like $19.00 for graphics kits. Just thought I would let everyone know.

croat1
12-17-2009, 08:44 AM
kevin: i will keep you and everyone updated with what happens with cosmic quads.

i will also post pics of the fullbore mounted.

i think worse case i would spend the extra money to get the "perfect" graphics kit. making sure a black gripper seat would work visually with the color scheme.

i also have this n-style seat cover. might work with the one graphics

can you post a pick of the older style factory effex graphics?
i am interested in purchasing them.

croat1
12-17-2009, 08:48 AM
another factory effex. kevin: do you have this style?

250Renvy
12-17-2009, 10:17 AM
another factory effex. kevin: do you have this style?

Yeah those are the ones I have. Never found a seat cover though.

Troy - what do you think of these graphics?

If I can get a Gas Gas motor for not too much I'm going to put it into my HRE Custom quad, then I'll build my 250R as a 250R with something like these and if it'll work I'll build my KFX into a Tecate and I'll have 3 - 2-strokes.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=420896

troybilt
12-17-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm not a super huge fan of those either. I think I'm too picky.

On another note check out this seat: I think I might try something like this only adding a "gripper" portion to it and with Fourtrax instead of the 250R. But if anyone needs a resto seat these guys look like they do good work, IDK:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320462405827&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Here is the guys that made it:
http://www.coolretrobikes.com/

250Renvy
12-17-2009, 10:53 AM
You'd probably be better off going to Tammy at cosmic quads. Coolretrobikes wants $70 just for the stencil.

That seat on ebay is just an oem seat with a stencil put on it. Tammy and Hi-flite seem to be the only ones who have got the 88 fourtrax logo close enough. That dry brush design is hard to duplicate without a computer printing it.

troybilt
12-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
You'd probably be better off going to Tammy at cosmic quads. Coolretrobikes wants $70 just for the stencil.

That seat on ebay is just an oem seat with a stencil put on it. Tammy and Hi-flite seem to be the only ones who have got the 88 fourtrax logo close enough. That dry brush design is hard to duplicate without a computer printing it.

maybe I'm retarded but what do you mean by a stencil? Looks like a black version of my stock 89 seat cover that I have now.

250Renvy
12-17-2009, 11:33 AM
http://coolretrobikes.com/seatlogos.htm

Scroll about 2/5 of the way down and you will see the stencil for $60 - application would be more.

Maybe mask makes more sense?

troybilt
12-17-2009, 11:47 AM
So that is basically spray painted on there then. not dyed...

Dan's getting an 86 seat redone from Cosmic. I'll see how that turns out.

01shee
01-12-2010, 07:16 PM
I have those factory fx graphics