PDA

View Full Version : central Illinois riding

rlbuhsjr
12-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Does anyone no any good place to ride in central Illinois or does anyone ride in central Illinois?

d7k8
12-21-2009, 04:15 PM
i ve heard of this place that is called Brushy Ridge. also there is the place called mill creek which isnt the great, but its some trails.
also there is attica (badlands) in IN. its fun there. all of these can be found on the web.

TRXman86
12-24-2009, 06:48 PM
There are several places not real real far from you. Shoot me a PM with any you know of for sure, and I will fill you in on more.

To start, there is Keithsburg (aka Sandy Oaks) over near Iowa line. There is a BRAND NEW place in North East Missouri about an hour and a half to 2 hours from you. I am posting up info for a new years ride. Check it out...

d7k8
12-27-2009, 11:41 AM
where is this place in northern missouri?

crfitch13
01-01-2010, 08:18 PM
the place is Gooseholler in Kahoka, MO. Went there today, has some good trails and a nice creek to play in. Worth the 13 bucks to get in. Make sure your tow rig is 4wd, the entrance is a little steep for the snow and ice on it. if you going through Kahoka, take NN off of 81 and when you get to the bottom of the big hill take a right turn and you will run right into it. Very new place to ride and is not rutted up like alot of other places. Would like to see this one stay open for awhile. and as for places to ride in central IL. if you go to www.illinoisatv.com it has a list of most the places to ride in IL. Being in Peoria, the closest parks worth going to are the cliffs and fox valley, both around the Marsailles area. about an hour and a half drive from Peoria. Brushy Ridge is betwen Astoria and Rushville IL. they have lots of hills, a creek, and a decent track to play on. I've been there several times and enjoy it every time. If you have any more questions about riding in IL just give me a pm. thanks. Fitch

d7k8
01-02-2010, 11:40 AM
i went riding at brushy ridge the other day, had fun for sure, but it was a little rutted at the bottom of the big hills with all the wate that we ve had lately. also they had about 8-10 inches of snow to contend with. luckly there were a couple guys there that had some winches to help me out few times.
i will defiinatly be hitting that place up a little more as the weather gets nicer.

natejohns7
01-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Anybody wanna ride this weekend around Monticello?

TRXman86
01-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Just a bit far for me to make it there. I am hoping to ride at Goose Holler either Saturday or Sunday.

natejohns7
01-13-2010, 03:54 PM
I've got about 4-5 guys I ride with on a regular basis. We're sorta spread out. Peoria, Springfield, Monticello, and Decatur. We've exhausted our riding spots and are looking for a new adventure.

I'm thinking we show you where we ride....and you show us where you ride.

Its a win win.

indy rider
01-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Redbird state riding area is in Duggar Indiana. Every time I go they have added several more trails. It's over 1200 acres of hilly wooded terrain, and they are constantly opening up more of the land for trails. There's also plenty of mud for all of you boggers out there. It's only $10 to ride, but requires a state ORV sticker. I believe they honor stickers from other states. There are way more trails than their map shows.

REDBIRD link: http://redbirdsra.com/

There's also a place down by Evansville Indiana, actually Lynnville. It's called Interlake and is also a state riding area that requires a ORV sticker but is free to ride.

Interlake link: http://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/4226.htm

Interlake North map section (http://www.discoverindianaridingtrails.com/images/Interlake/foil isra north map 070109.pdf)
Interlake South map section (http://www.discoverindianaridingtrails.com/images/Interlake/foil isra south map 070109.pdf)

RustyStunts
01-21-2010, 02:07 AM
hey guyz I'm from south side chicago just joined this forum....I have a few cool spots around here but I have no one to ride them with..all my friends are lazy or no funds to go eny where...lately I've just been goin to the new indoor mx park they just oopened but I'd love to ride with you guyz sometime..I'm off sat sun and mondays so I'm always ready for a weekend trip...keep me intouch with pms or something if you guyz wanna ride anytime..I ride every week st the track pretty much unless we have alot of snow then I just ride my sled