PDA

View Full Version : Ignition timing and degree the cam?

highland
12-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Is there any engine builders on here that can help me? I have no one locally that messes with these.Can someone tell me where I can find the info or how I can degree the cam and set the ignition timing on a 90? The cam has 6mm lift but I do not have any specs on it.
I have the top end dissasembled.
It has an aftermarket dr atv head w/no mark. 54mm bore with large valves This is for trail use. Do I need to make an offset flywheel key or can I get one, to advance the timing? I want to get all the pony's I can but want it to start easy also. Thanks in advance for the help.

jumbojunior
12-31-2009, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by highland
Is there any engine builders on here that can help me? I have no one locally that messes with these.Can someone tell me where I can find the info or how I can degree the cam and set the ignition timing on a 90? The cam has 6mm lift but I do not have any specs on it.
I have the top end dissasembled.
It has an aftermarket dr atv head w/no mark. 54mm bore with large valves This is for trail use. Do I need to make an offset flywheel key or can I get one, to advance the timing? I want to get all the pony's I can but want it to start easy also. Thanks in advance for the help.

Not 2 sure about degreein the cam. I just put one in with the kit i got from Tbolt. And runs ok, I have been told that you can get a 5% advance key for the flywheel but i have searched and cnot find one. That,s way i have brought a procom CDI box as it mension it changes the timing anyway. :)