PDA

View Full Version : better brakes

08ex4
12-14-2009, 10:33 PM
hey does anyone know how i can make my front brakes more powerful other than switching to 450r stuff. im trying to do stoppies but im limited cause the brakes up front suck btw i got brand new pads on it thanks for the help in advance

katch26
12-15-2009, 08:45 AM
nothing really....they are what they are. The only thing that may help would be swapping out the rubber brake lines with ss ones. But really theres nothing you can do without doing some kind of parts swapping.

bigbad400
12-15-2009, 08:54 AM
really you cant do a stoppie with stock brakes? mine will straight up lock when i get on them hard, and on pavement i would flip right over if i was not being careful. on dirt it just locks the front tires up. mine must be overly good stock brakes. i only have chintzy ebc pads on it too.

honda400ex2003
12-15-2009, 10:54 AM
i think it has quite a bit to do with the pad choice. i know i cant do a stoppie with mine with the rubber hoses but i have sv ebc pads. if i had sintered pads or racing pads it would be better, they are different for better stopping power vs longevity. i chose the sv since i ride in sand, mud, and everything so it eats the pads up pretty fast. steve

F-16Guy
12-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Mine were 100% better with dual SS lines and a good bleeding. I used to be able to pull the lever almost all the way in to the grip and they still wouldn't lock. Now they're nice and solid. I'm lucky if I can get an inch of pull on them, and they will put me over the bars if I pull too hard. I have the lines that are two separate braided lines that attach to the master cylinder with a longer banjo fitting. I've never used braided lines that tee off like the stock ones, but I'm sure they're also a big improvement.