PDA

View Full Version : winchester ranger 120?

fasterblaster09
12-14-2009, 08:12 PM
my buddy is trying to sell me this winchester ranger model 120 20 gauge. I looked it up and they seem to be pretty rare. he wants $100, and I know NOTHING about guns and was looking for one to start off with...and advice? thanks, neil
btw..I dont even know how to use this thing...(I had a crack barrel when I was small)
"Everything is interchangeable one the 120 between the 1200 and 1300 except the barrel of the 1200"

gcart2
12-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
my buddy is trying to sell me this winchester ranger model 120 20 gauge. I looked it up and they seem to be pretty rare. he wants $100, and I know NOTHING about guns and was looking for one to start off with...and advice? thanks, neil
btw..I dont even know how to use this thing...(I had a crack barrel when I was small)

i think i would snag it to keep due to the deal.

Buy .22lr rifle (about 150 bucks) and learn about it. practice with it. then pick up a 20 gauge shot gun (some type of throw away gun) and get comfortable with it.

ben300
12-14-2009, 08:24 PM
that looks to be a winchester ranger 120..

thats a fairly decent price, as long as its in a good condition....if your getting into shooting...buy it...they're going for around $290 on gun broker, but those are all in excellent condition.....

...cheap used guns for staring out are great cause you can use that to decide of you want to continue and try more with shooting sports

good luck

fasterblaster09
12-14-2009, 08:40 PM
It looks pretty good to me. He said it doesnt grab remingtons shells as good as winchester shells. I dont know, this is my first gun...I dont even know how to use it or load it for christ sakes..

slightlybent47
12-14-2009, 09:29 PM
If I was you I’d find someone you trust in your area that can help you in getting started. See if there is a range close to you and see if they have a class or an org you could try.
See if they have a skeet shooting organization and see if they have a beginner class for you. It’s a lot of fun and you can meet a lot of interesting people.
The gun looks prety good ,from the pic anyway.

fasterblaster09
12-15-2009, 06:49 AM
Yeh I went to bayou shooters.com and they have a lot of nice people that said to go over and shoot and they'll go everything and what not, so I think ima do that. thanks