PDA

View Full Version : Problem with shee need help

newjacksm
01-19-2003, 12:25 PM
Hey guys well today i took my shee out for a spin, IT WAS GREAT till it lasted.. Well first thing first i road it,, IT WAS PERFECT then i turn off for about an hour or 2 (left it outside it was cold) then i go back and try to start it,, it does but then when i rev the egninge it doesnt rev it goes like up and down in RPMS and then it just shut off then from then on it wouldnt start, You could hear it about to start but it wouldnt.. Then we tryed starting it by pulling it by a car it did but then shut off, THEN I NOTICED the spring thats next to the pipe is off, I put it on and it still doesnt start!!!!!!

WHATS WRONG!!

sportraxrider10
01-19-2003, 12:34 PM
is there gas, and i'm not trying to be a smart @$$ either, but that seems like the most resonable thing

CHAUNCY
01-19-2003, 12:34 PM
The same thing happens to me on my kx100. Well it turns out its just the plug. I mean its about to start and the rpm's go up a little then down. Try replacing the plugs. I run a banshee plug in my kx now cuzz we were out riding and we didnt have any kx plugs only wr and banshee. So i used the banshee and it worked great. Bettter than normal. Didnt rev or idle high or anything. I tihnks its the spark plugs. Just my guess.

MILF_HUNTER
01-19-2003, 12:35 PM
you said you left it out in the cold...
maybe you cold seazed it??:confused:

newjacksm
01-19-2003, 12:52 PM
there is gas.....

Guy400
01-19-2003, 03:41 PM
The exact same thing happened to the kid that bought my best friend's old Shee. He was out riding it for a while and all was well and then he shut it off for about an hour or so. He goes back out to start it and it started but wasn't running right. The idle was running up and down and then it stalled and never started again. Replaced the plugs and drained and cleaned the carbs, still nothing. Tore the engine down to find the right cylinder had a nice scrape down it. Had to bore it .020" over and now it runs great.

newjacksm
01-19-2003, 06:38 PM
its not old but thanks for helping me out!

I put in new sparks and it works 10x better then when i got it

by the way its a 99 shee with lots of crap on it

Guy400
01-19-2003, 06:42 PM
My friend's Shee wasn't old either. It was a 2001 with less than 20 hours on it that he sold in January of 2002. Good to hear you got it running again.

newjacksm
01-20-2003, 05:29 AM
thanks man!

stevengates45
01-24-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by MILF_HUNTER
you said you left it out in the cold...
maybe you cold seazed it??:confused:

:D :D :D