PDA

View Full Version : tric trac system

bomberman
12-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Hi everyone, has anyone here tried the houser tric trac system yet? Im just wondering if you find it improves the handling or if it sometimes does more bad than good? Also can anyone compare a set of houser long travels with the tric trac system to a set of walsh long travel a arms?

RedRider08450r
12-15-2009, 06:50 AM
Cant ever come close to walsh except with j.b. If you want the best laeger pro trax. But Ive ran the houser pro series a arms and make sure you run the houser sem so your bump steer is right. But other than that the tric track system is awsome it really does work. But they di get plugged up pretty easy but they kinda clean them selves out. Only bad part with all that is they wear out really fast if you race hard they wont last a year. If you race alot half a season. But they do work compared to walsh id pay the extra money and buy the walsh and walshes stem. I wish I did

sexysilverado45
12-15-2009, 10:48 PM
so are you saying the leagers are better than the walsh. im very interested in this topic to could someone else put in some input on the housers.

RedRider08450r
12-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Only the pro trax system. Otherwise no. But like I said the tric trac from houser is pretty good if they didnt wear so much.

RedRider08450r
12-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Only the pro trax system. Otherwise no. But like I said the tric trac from houser is pretty good if they didnt wear so much.

sexysilverado45
12-16-2009, 01:09 PM
that is interesting is the pro trax system that much. i don't need the best so id end buying something like houser or 4play. im still interested to hear what some others have to say about the system. thanks red.

400exrider707
12-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Pro-trax was awesome... for 250R's... the 450's dont really need it.

Walsh is a very good product, but there are a lot of very good options out there for less money now.

The tric trac I could see being useful for flat track or TT, but that's about it.

Last I knew Houser was making dust caps for the tric trac setup to keep debris out..

RedRider08450r
12-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Doesnt help. But the houser arms are amazing for the price forgot to say that I think.

sexysilverado45
12-16-2009, 10:08 PM
so 400 your say the tric track is more a tt type a-arm and don't think it would be good for mx. what do you guys think about atv fourplay.

TNT
12-16-2009, 10:30 PM
The tri track is an ingenious design, the worm shaft. It’s good for MX how can it not be? It automatically adjust caster in corners and straights vs a set caster adjustment most quads run and most do not bother with. As with most designs of this mechanical nature there will some extraordinary maintenance, the price you pay for optimization. Only way to find out is to buy it, you can't take other ppls opinion on something like this.

The YFZ450r if you’re real into, I don’t know of a better system, the cecco bracket repositions the upper arm to be parallel with lower which causes caster issues by YAM design, and the tri-trac puts the caster where it should be.

We’ve ran Houser arms since 2004 and still have them, we’ve never bent one, we bent Roll Design swing and they would not cover it as expensive as they are. For the money Houser delivers a good product always has, and they have good rider support programs that stand behind their products.

400exrider707
12-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by TNT
The tri track is an ingenious design, the worm shaft. It’s good for MX how can it not be? It automatically adjust caster in corners and straights vs a set caster adjustment most quads run and most do not bother with. As with most designs of this mechanical nature there will some extraordinary maintenance, the price you pay for optimization. Only way to find out is to buy it, you can't take other ppls opinion on something like this.

The YFZ450r if you’re real into, I don’t know of a better system, the cecco bracket repositions the upper arm to be parallel with lower which causes caster issues by YAM design, and the tri-trac puts the caster where it should be.

We’ve ran Houser arms since 2004 and still have them, we’ve never bent one, we bent Roll Design swing and they would not cover it as expensive as they are. For the money Houser delivers a good product always has, and they have good rider support programs that stand behind their products.

Yes, Houser makes some great products. You are right, it is only my opinion about the tric-trac being good for TT. I just dont see how it would be very beneficial in MX. I think the cons outweigh the pros. Again, I would really like to ride on this setup to evaluate it thoroughly though...

What happens when you're blazing through a whoop section, or you're flat landing from over-shooting an 80ft jump? I dont think I'd want my steering to become very twitchy in those scenarios.

bomberman
12-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

What happens when you're blazing through a whoop section, or you're flat landing from over-shooting an 80ft jump? I dont think I'd want my steering to become very twitchy in those scenarios.

Thats probably the main thing id be worried about.