PDA

View Full Version : steering a wheelie

400EX_305
12-14-2009, 11:36 AM
I need some help. I can do a wheelie for a while as long as I'm going straight. can someone please explain how i can steer while on two wheels. I've tried leaning but it doesn't do much.

camaromitch
12-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I've heard is to drop the pressure in the tires a bit so you can squash them when you lean and just lean the way you want to turn.

400EX_305
12-15-2009, 07:46 PM
that helped, thnx

yellowhonda400
12-21-2009, 07:55 PM
you wot be able to turn a lotbut leaning does help. you wont be able to legit turn but yes you can steer in a wheelie

JLanphear
04-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by camaromitch
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I've heard is to drop the pressure in the tires a bit so you can squash them when you lean and just lean the way you want to turn.

Correct, and you have to really anticipate the turning also. I mean, if you want to turn, you have to start leaning pretty early to get the quad to react in time. It's generally helpful to lean the opposite way when you want to STOP turning.

RallySoob
05-20-2010, 10:51 AM
leaning works when your first learning. when you get it down you will learn you can do it much like you would on a motorcycle by torquing the handle bars while pushing the pegs in the direction you want to go. If you do it hard enough you can tip the bike pretty good. You can actually turn more than you would think.

realize the potential of leaning a quad hard onto 1 back tire. Innovate. Try it. Pull/Push one side of the bars and push your feet into the opposite side peg...(ie pull left hand, push right hand, push right foot) Its hard to get down at 1st but it can be done and in the process you will learn to turn your bike really well. GL

steve181
05-23-2010, 12:47 PM
wow no one said this yet? O_O

turn ur wheels the way u want to turn and just lean into it

the tires will push you the direction you want to go

TRX250XRIDER
04-19-2011, 09:41 AM
what i did years ago when i was first learning im 13 now but let some air out of your tires but make sure there even turn ur handlebars the way you wanna go and put ur weight on that back tire just need practice and dont lean out to far or u will lose balance and control of the wheelie hope this helps