PDA

View Full Version : dead warrior??

wolfe 21
12-14-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm working on a 2001 warrior with some major problems. First, the bike will not turn over any more. I hit the button and I hear one metalic click and then nothing. I know one post on the solenoid is loose, but even when I bridge the solenoid with a screw driver I get nothing. Been told by different sources it's either the starter solenoid or the starter itself, but no one knows for sure... ANY HELP?

Also, when it runs and is under load it seems to lose power almost instantly sometimes (no more forward momentum going uphill is not a pleasant ride). The owner is running regular motor oil (penz 10/40) and I think that's his first issue, but anyone got any other suggestions (Clutch, sprockets, etc). I have had the engine side sprocket off and the splines and teeth are still in good shape and the chain is relatively new and tight, so it shouldn't be skipping a tooth or something right?

I ought to know better than to offer to fix other people's stuff by now:rolleyes: ANY help greatly appreciated.

James.

luckywarrior
12-14-2009, 08:23 PM
YFM350.com
there is almost anything u neet to know about warriors on there
hope this is helpful

02Wolverine350
01-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Well,regular oil isn't good.I put some regular oil in my Raptor 660 and it chewed up the clutch plates.I put YAmalube in it for a wet clutch system and it helped a little but I killed my clutch.All it needs is new plates and springs but I'm leaving it go until spring.

ANd for the clicking.My buddies Honda recon was doing that and I jumped it and it worked once but then never again.From all I've checked it's the starter and it sounds like that's what your problem is.Never changed it because it's a little 250 and has a pull start so he doesn't want to spend the $100 for a starter.

wolfe 21
01-04-2010, 11:01 AM
yeah I know the regular oil isn't the best idea, but it's what my buddy had around when he changed it last time (he's not broke, just baddly bent).

As for the clutch, it seems to still grab and release fairly well and I can push it around while in gear with the clutch lever pulled in, so I'm hoping it's not totally fragged. And I'm hoping the problem with the starter is a relay that's went bad, but I'm thinking the starter is on it's last leg.

02Wolverine350
01-04-2010, 05:21 PM
I can't be sure but I'm just guessing that it's probably not as bad to run it in a warrior.I mean that by if you do happen to run it things probably won't get torn up as bad as they did in my 660.

The Raptors have a lot of power and are hard on clutches.Warriors probably aren't quite as hard on clutches.

But when I changed my oil back to Yamalube it helped a little but the main thing was just adjusting it.I adjusted mine a good bit and it helped.Don't just adjust it at the handlebars but also at the splines where it connects down on the case.You have to adjust it down there first to get it close.Then fine tune it on the handlebars.

Just check the adjustment and try adjusting it every way you can.And if it doesn't fix it I'd just take a guess and say the plates are shot.I know that the raptors have marks and you have to time the clutch basket to the inner hub.I don't know for sure but I'm guessing the warriors are probably similar.