PDA

View Full Version : Got it running, how do i get it running correctly?

mrusk
01-19-2003, 11:51 AM
I was finally able to get my R started yesterday. Now i have to figure out how to get it to get it to run correctly. It starts up, sounds real good, then it just dies. Even if i am blipping the
throttle as soon as i let off it dies. I am running a 38pwk with a 175 main in it. I really know nothing about carbs and am here
asking for helping so i do not screw anything up. Once i break it in i am taking it somewhere to be jetted, i just need to get it to run right so i can do the heat cycles. I bought the carb from ESR and everything on it is the way it was when i got it from them.
I am running a stock 250r carb spring though. So what do i do to get it to idle correctly? The gas in the tank is torco110 mixed with belray hrl. It is almost 4 months old. Should still be goo right?

What ever help you guys give me i will appreciate.

matt

DaveEX7
01-19-2003, 12:33 PM
well once u get it started... dont let off the gas all the way, keep the throttle in juss a lil bit for about a minute(or longer) and rev it every now and then.... and if it idles let it sit, and if it sounds like its gonna stall then rev it again and repeat the process i juss said