PDA

View Full Version : howdy

mrbelvedere
12-14-2009, 09:22 AM
hey how are you all today i just found the site and looks like a great place i have an 04 250ex havent got to ride it yet cant figure out whats wrong everytinme i hook the battery up it acts like its going to ground and im lost dont know where to start looking so i thought id ask the pros here thank you for your help and merry christmas

MRJACK9
12-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Start with the battery if it has ever been jumped to any thing but another ATV or charged with a charger larger than 1 ½ amp, it is probably bad. Have a battery shop check it out. Any more troubleshooting, you will need a volt/ohm meter. Do you have?

mrbelvedere
12-14-2009, 11:25 AM
yea i have a multi meter i dont get lights or anything i did hook it up backwards and the starter would woll over but hooking it up right i get nothing

MRJACK9
12-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Answer the first question first, have you charged the battery with a charger larger than 1 ½ Amp. Or jump started from a car size battery? Have you charged the battery backwards? Do a voltage/polarity check with the meter. Check the ATV fuse with your ohmmeter.

mrbelvedere
12-14-2009, 07:06 PM
my charger is 1 amp the battery is new but i did doscover i am missing parts like the main fuse and starter solenoid and this is my first 4 wheeler i dident know they put those parts on them

MRJACK9
12-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks for your clear and direct reply. If you have further questions, recontact me. Chances are you have a fix in hand. Suggest you add a fuel filter just before the carb. at your earliest chance.

mrbelvedere
12-15-2009, 01:59 PM
i thank you all for your quick help and i hope everyone has a merry christmas and a great new year