PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys! Quick Clutch Question

andrewd523
12-14-2009, 08:25 AM
I just bought a 1998 360EX and I am having a problem with the clutch. When I pull in the clutch and shift into gear, the quad immediately starts going. Almost as if the clutch is not even working. The guy that sold it to me says that the clutch only has 2 rides on it, and it still needs to be broken in. If I put the quad in gear and it lurches forward I can rev it for about 10 seconds and the quad comes to a stop and the clutch "seems" to work, only for that gear until the process is repeated.

I have no idea what to do. If you could start giving me some things to check or fix that would be great.

Thank you in advance, I really appreciate it.

Andrew

Honda 250r 001
12-14-2009, 09:06 AM
without a doubt a grooved clutch basket not allowing the clutch to release when you pull the lever.

btw you should really post this in the 300ex section.

CODY_M11
12-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Check to make sure your clutch lever is adjusted properly. I had same problem and it turned out my clutch cable was stretched and had to get a new one.

andrewd523
12-14-2009, 01:01 PM
How do I fix the problem of the "grooved clutch basket not allowing the clutch to release when you pull the lever."? I would like to start working on this asap, and I will let you know when I am finished.

Andrew

extremetrucker
12-14-2009, 01:22 PM
carefully file the grooves out of the fingers will get you by for a while, but eventually you will need a new basket, but i would check the adjustment of the cable as well, might not be fully disengaging

andrewd523
12-14-2009, 01:24 PM
I adjusted the clutch and that was not the problem. Now do I have to take this whole thing apart? What am I supposed to look for?

Thanks,

Andrew