PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Droid

Kickstarts-suck
12-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Anyone have one? Im tired of my Samsung Glyde and ready to upgrade.

Looking into the Droid or the Storm 2 right now.

I text alot use my camera alot and use the internet alittle. Might start using the mp3 player more if it has the 3.5mm jacks and not the 2.5 like my glyde.

12-13-2009, 11:06 PM
I dont like the Motorola Droid but I love the HTC Droid Eris.

Kickstarts-suck
12-14-2009, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
I dont like the Motorola Droid but I love the HTC Droid Eris.

Really the only thing I dont like about the HTC Droid Eris is no flash for the camera :huh

Kinda leaning towards the Motorola Droid because of the Qwerty keyboard.

My Glyde has scared me out of getting a complete touchscreen phone.

Im scared the touchscreen will start acting up and Ill be SOL when texting.

Right now im between the 3 Motorola droid, HTC droid, and the storm2.

rbgnwa45
12-14-2009, 03:04 AM
I've seen the commercial and it does look sweet but I didn't see exactly how it works, does it change applications by the direction it's facing? I kind of thought the touchscreen phones should be two-screen sided and should have a small button on the corner of the screen for a "hold here", and adjustable degrees for screen tilt detection (you usually hold it at 45 but what if you were upside down or laying?), where if your phone is the 'right' and verticle it goes to the phone & inbox, if you put it upside down it changes to the media player, if you put it on it's (changeable L to R) side it goes to the keyboard and if you flip the keyboard over it goes to the (msn?) message window, and if you rotate the message window it goes to your browser, if you flip that horozontally you're back to the keyboard. So there you have 8 sides for each application. It just makes sence instead of having a bunch of icons.

So it's like..
(T)
|---------|
|-Ta-Ca-|
|--123--|
|--456--|
|--789--|
|--#0*--|
|---------|
(B)

Rotate T & B 180 degrees on the same screen.

(B)
|---pics---|
|---Vids---|
|--music--|
|--tupac--|
|-stll bllin-|
|-amb rdh-|
|-my blck-|
(T)

Rotate the top rightways 90 degrees from the phone app for the keyboard.

_________(L)_________
|tab|||1234567890-=_+|
|caps||qwertyuiop[|back|
(B) |||||shift||asdfghjkl;'|||||| (T)
|||||||zxcvbnm,./||enter||
_______space________
(R)

Flip the keyboard veritcally (labelled L & R) to the other screen so you can use your thumbs to switch between message window and keyboard while not having to let go.

__________('R')___________
|>.<|WindowsLive||||||||||||||||
|___|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|Steve:||LIKE OMGZ ROFL!@!1|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Rotate the message window 180 degrees on the same screen for the browser.

___________(L)____________
|www.exriders.com/vbb||||||||||
|ATV-General-Open-Motorola D|
|Rbgnwa45 I've seen the com-|
|mercial and it does look swe-||

Flip the browser app horozontally for the keyboard etc.

mxtuner
12-14-2009, 08:19 AM
I got the htc eris the day it came out, pretty awesome phone. I wouldnt get the storm, been told there junk, even the people at verizon told me they wouldnt suggest it. Go with the htc eris or motorola droid.

Kickstarts-suck
12-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Im going with the Motorola droid.

To bad the Eris doesn't have flash :ermm:

mxtuner
12-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Yea I dont use the camera enough to even care about having a flash, thats what the digital cameras for.

Kickstarts-suck
12-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by mxtuner
Yea I dont use the camera enough to even care about having a flash, thats what the digital cameras for.

I wouldnt want to carry a digital camera around all the time though

XCRacer236
12-14-2009, 01:21 PM
i have heard nothing but good things about the Droid. i do a lot of research and keep up to date on new phones all the time. everyone is extremely impressed with the Droid. right now i think its the phone to have. i would LOVE to get one but i dont have the money and my contract isnt up til March. :mad:

i would definitely go with the Droid.

Kickstarts-suck
12-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by XCRacer236
i have heard nothing but good things about the Droid. i do a lot of research and keep up to date on new phones all the time. everyone is extremely impressed with the Droid. right now i think its the phone to have. i would LOVE to get one but i dont have the money and my contract isnt up til March. :mad:

i would definitely go with the Droid.

Ive been watching alot of reviews on the Droid now and im going to get it.
:D

Damn the ERIS is only $50 and the Droid is $150.. wtf

Scottt89
12-14-2009, 02:17 PM
I have a friend with a Droid for the past few months, he's had some issues. He has occasional issues where the person he's talking to will hear themselves talk. He has to restart the phone every so often and it clears up. He also said the phone has to be on to charge.

ben300
12-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Scottt89
I have a friend with a Droid for the past few months, he's had some issues. He has occasional issues where the person he's talking to will hear themselves talk. He has to restart the phone every so often and it clears up. He also said the phone has to be on to charge.

i dont know about the droid, but i have verizon the entire time ive had a cell phone, and 6 phones later, all of my phones have done that accept the first phone i got which as an old kyocera....i currently have a palm trio and it does that all the time, especially when i call my brother who has the same phone..

..dont buy a palm..they shield be renamed to piece of shat

mxtuner
12-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Scottt89

past few months? They have only been out for a month and a half:confused:

Scottt89
12-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Sorry, I guess I exagerated, seems like it's been a while, but he must have gotten it in it's first week.

BMW Dr.
12-15-2009, 08:29 PM
I've had mine for 2 weeks now and love it.

Ellingsoc26
12-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Dont buy it there is a new one coming out in a month that will be better plus its short on memory for me. Iam still waiting for a phone other then the iphone which i cant get b/c AT&T is gay with no service around lol. I need one to replace my ipod and my phone no others can do that yet

Kickstarts-suck
12-16-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Ellingsoc26
Dont buy it there is a new one coming out in a month that will be better plus its short on memory for me. Iam still waiting for a phone other then the iphone which i cant get b/c AT&T is gay with no service around lol. I need one to replace my ipod and my phone no others can do that yet

Where did you hear that there will be a new one?

16GBs isnt enough for you :eek2:

32gb microSD cards should be out soon.

Sjorge450R
12-16-2009, 07:09 AM
I havent personally heard anything bad about the droid, but the Storm is a nasty phone.

I guess that I am just blackberry biased, but I love it. I want to get a storm 2 and unlock it for AT&T. Blackberrys are proven phones and they have had their fair share of problems, but many of those problems are fixed by now. The droid is brand new and I am sure problems are starting to pop or will be shortly

Steve

Ellingsoc26
12-16-2009, 08:30 AM
I work at a verizon store that's how and the droid is goofy the music player blows

Scottt89
12-16-2009, 10:42 AM
I believe what he is saying about the memory is for the OS not for saving photo's and songs. Like your computer, the SDcard (Hard Drive) and RAM(memory) are 2 different things. I'm thinking he means that it is lacking the memory when it comes to the OS being slow while doing things.

Ellingsoc26
12-16-2009, 10:45 AM
yes that was what i was talking about as well and you only get 256 MB for apps which is really gay my itouch as 1/2 a GB al rdy

Scottt89
12-16-2009, 12:15 PM
I personally don't like Motorola. Back in 2001 I got the 1st Verizon color flip that Motorola made, the T720. It had battery life issues as well as screen problems. Not to mention Motorola's old charger system with the prongs that would eventually get so sensitive it had to be propped up for connection. I then switched to Nextel around 2003 and had the old yellow and black construction grade phone i58. That was the best one I've ever had. Truley industructable, however it didn't have all the bells and whistles of a nice flip phone. Nextel was pretty basic with that style. I eventually went the way of another flip Nextel and got the i570 I believe. Had that for a few months then the screen would magically stop working when you opened it. After 2 replacement screen pieces I had to get a Verizon smart phone for work in 2007. I ended up with the Motorola Q9m over the Trio. Windows mobile was nice, but like stated above, Motorola did not put in enough Memory to support a smart phone. Constant freezing when switching screens. When texting the cursor was always a few letters behind. Not to mention if you clicked expecting a resonse and clicked again you would end up deleting or messing something up when it caught up to it.

Just so no one says anything, I'm not hard on my phones, I was a HS, College student and IT guy through this. I got the construction Nextel for the look of it. I now have a Blackberry Curve and love it. I am still hesitant to move to a touch screen, but it looks like I'll eventually go to a Storm 2 as the Tour is basically a Curve with a bigger screen and WiFi. Sorry for the ramble, just my expierience with Motorola. I'm sure the Droid will be a nice phone, I'm just one to wait a while for the kinks to work out. Kind of like using a Microsoft program. Don't want to end up with a Vista.