PDA

View Full Version : Where to Ride in New Jersey??

varner88
12-13-2009, 07:05 PM
I live in south NJ and recently got back into riding.. I use to ride at njorvp before they shut down which was years ago, I also use to ride trails locally but now they are all torn down.. The only places it looks like i can ride is Atco which is now closed and hopefully they pass the OHV park in Ocean County..

Where does everyone ride now? And what happened to gncc races with the AGP?? I was looking forward to race a few local events, Looks like thats shot.

Anyone?

cdubbzz
12-13-2009, 07:29 PM
We still ride at Sarco (aka Crystal Lake) in Manchester on early Sunday mornings. The only issue is the ridiculous amount of woops. Occasionally we venture out to Whiting but that is state patrolled so finding a good place to park is crucial.

CJM
12-16-2009, 09:05 PM
I go to some fireroads in jackson mostly, basically everything else is either patrolled, people complain or torn apart it seems.

Went to rausch creek in PA a few times, good places but its 3 hours from Jackson (six flags area).

sully55
12-17-2009, 05:48 AM
Unfortunately Rausch has been closed down, only jeeps ride up there now !

You can ride anywhere in Jersey, except over the last 5 years atv riders are targeted more than pedophiles, and rapist's. In other words, if you get caught, and they go out of their way to catch riders, its no longer a warning, or small fine. They are impounding bikes, and multiple fines. Its a shame, but they are more interested in making money off catching riders, then catching real criminals. Good luck

deathman53
12-17-2009, 09:26 PM
unfortunity, thats how it is. I ride at another few pits, parking is the key and don't tell your secrets to others if your the only one(or few). I don't ride illegally or my quads that much. Where I ride, we see people who ride their quads and dirtbikes and it only brings trouble, the less that rangers see atvs/dirtbikes, the less trouble that is brought.

I really hate it how guys ride the dirt roads, their "gutted" pipes and such are so loud you can hear them for any miles. If more riders learned that less sound=more ground, more tracks and legal places to ride might open and those riding illegally wouldn't be bothered as much. To the average person, nothing sounds worse than hearing a loud 4 stroke coming, then them passing by and they still can hear the noise several minutes after.

As for the OHV park in ocean twp, its dead in the water, it will never happen and guess why???? Noise concerns and a police/fire chief who has property and lives near it, he who rallied the troops about everything they can. They have pages and pages of endangered species, plants, safety(mostly bs), wet land concerns, migration onto private property and the parks dept. for migration of riders onto state forests/wma/other such areas.

The AGP races are dying because of permits not being issued(see above issues). I was at one AGP event and what I saw I couldn't believe, people were riding around, wheelies down the roads, lots of throwing dirt, lack of safely gear(not during race) and I seen some that seamed like they rode more around the pits than the whole race!!! Take a guess, they were mostly quads that did so. And people wonder why quads are excluded from private events and tracks. There was one event like so in NJ last year held by an enduro club, it was nearly shutdown, for guess what, lack of permits and the club got in alot of trouble, even though it was private property.

Enduro clubs aren't immune to this troubles either, this year, one enduro got canceled(later postponed), 2 nearly got shutdown hours before the event and with the changing of a superintendent of a major state forest, more events can meet trouble. Enduro clubs have a much much cleaner reputation and rules strictly enforced. No horseplay, must be plated/insured/ M license, no pit riding, also cops are there to keep it that way. The AGP event that I ran wasn't run like that, nor have others that fellow riders I know that ran them. Here is partially the reason why Dales' events were denied.

All of us riders need to clean-up our image to get anywhere. That means quiet down your bikes/quads, don't ride roads, wear safety gear and cut-out the horseplay. Then we might get somewhere. Illegal Riding will always happen, if its less visible to the average person, then police reduces also. Out of sight=out of mind=less problems for us all.

sully55
12-18-2009, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by deathman53
unfortunity, thats how it is. I ride at another few pits, parking is the key and don't tell your secrets to others if your the only one(or few). I don't ride illegally or my quads that much. Where I ride, we see people who ride their quads and dirtbikes and it only brings trouble, the less that rangers see atvs/dirtbikes, the less trouble that is brought.

I really hate it how guys ride the dirt roads, their "gutted" pipes and such are so loud you can hear them for any miles. If more riders learned that less sound=more ground, more tracks and legal places to ride might open and those riding illegally wouldn't be bothered as much. To the average person, nothing sounds worse than hearing a loud 4 stroke coming, then them passing by and they still can hear the noise several minutes after.

As for the OHV park in ocean twp, its dead in the water, it will never happen and guess why???? Noise concerns and a police/fire chief who has property and lives near it, he who rallied the troops about everything they can. They have pages and pages of endangered species, plants, safety(mostly bs), wet land concerns, migration onto private property and the parks dept. for migration of riders onto state forests/wma/other such areas.

The AGP races are dying because of permits not being issued(see above issues). I was at one AGP event and what I saw I couldn't believe, people were riding around, wheelies down the roads, lots of throwing dirt, lack of safely gear(not during race) and I seen some that seamed like they rode more around the pits than the whole race!!! Take a guess, they were mostly quads that did so. And people wonder why quads are excluded from private events and tracks. There was one event like so in NJ last year held by an enduro club, it was nearly shutdown, for guess what, lack of permits and the club got in alot of trouble, even though it was private property.

Enduro clubs aren't immune to this troubles either, this year, one enduro got canceled(later postponed), 2 nearly got shutdown hours before the event and with the changing of a superintendent of a major state forest, more events can meet trouble. Enduro clubs have a much much cleaner reputation and rules strictly enforced. No horseplay, must be plated/insured/ M license, no pit riding, also cops are there to keep it that way. The AGP event that I ran wasn't run like that, nor have others that fellow riders I know that ran them. Here is partially the reason why Dales' events were denied.

All of us riders need to clean-up our image to get anywhere. That means quiet down your bikes/quads, don't ride roads, wear safety gear and cut-out the horseplay. Then we might get somewhere. Illegal Riding will always happen, if its less visible to the average person, then police reduces also. Out of sight=out of mind=less problems for us all.

Very well put. Loud pipes are the average person's number 1 complaint. There are going to be jagoffs where ever you go, but if the rest of responsible riders step up, maybe, just maybe there will be a legal place to ride in Jersey FOR OUR KIDS ONE DAY

CJM
12-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Huh, they closed down Rausch ATV park for homes apparently. Pretty amazing since the offroad park is LITERALLY nextdoor.

Who would want to live on a former coal mine IDK either.

Well there is always lost trails in PA.

deathman53
12-19-2009, 12:38 PM
wanna know the even worse part about Rausch Creek mx track/trails closing, nothing has happened in over a year. The old Tower city is now Rausch creek trail riders or something now. The truth about the closing of Rausch creek mx is due to money. The same company owned both places and mismanagement of money happened at tower city, one had to go, first the MX park got fees raised 200% to something like $70(no year passes either). That wasn't enough, so they closed it and gave the excuse for future warehouse plans. They are gonna build some kind of warehouse and/or truck stop on the site. It was Jack Frost that got tore down for houses, that was back in 02.

cdubbzz
12-19-2009, 12:54 PM
The Northeast is known for the political doucheness and misguided power of the almighty dollar (like paying to use the beach) but there are still places to ride. My buddies/I always welcome any locals to come riding with us. We've got a few "connections" and almost a guarantee the ride will be hassle free, just PM me. Of course we don't go anywhere if its colder than the 40's.

HowellTRX
02-18-2010, 03:03 PM
cdubbzz as I mentioned to you earlier this week. I am itching already to go riding. As soon as this snow is gone and the first day over 40 degrees we are going. Oh, and did I tell you my brother got a new bike?

cdubbzz
02-22-2010, 07:25 AM
perhaps this sunday will be good riding weather..what bike did your brother get?

MJ2315
02-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Hey everyone - I'm located in the Toms River area, like some of you on here.

Looking to ride with some new people as well. I've got a few nice spots I traditionally go to - PM me if you want to rip it up this weekend!

It's good to be back in the dirt...

moddedblaster20
02-22-2010, 08:35 PM
im down for some riding, with my 2 buddies. legit places that is lol

ALXKFX450R
02-23-2010, 08:42 PM
MX or trails?

moddedblaster20
02-24-2010, 08:26 PM
either

CJM
02-25-2010, 07:39 AM
Im just waiting for it to warmup and the snow to go away after I fix my EX.

However seems were due for another 8-10 inches in most areas now! Its snowing bigtime where I am in central NJ right now!

moddedblaster20
02-25-2010, 09:16 AM
yeah this sucks! i wanted the snow to be gone and dry up some. but o well since were getting snow might as well have fun on the streets lol

ALXKFX450R
02-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Im heading to NEMX in Ohio saturday 6 hr. drive from Philly. I hope its worth it. Just got my quad back from EPR They did a great job. Anybody plan on heading out?

MJ2315
03-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Another week, so let's try again (weather permitting) - Who's riding this weekend (central new jersey)?

Looks like im gonna try and hit the ATCO practice track on Saturday.

cdubbzz
03-01-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm prob gonna hold out for a little while. Apparently the water level in the Pinelands is the highest its been in 20 yrs..

CJM
03-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Im planning on going when it warms up a bit more and I have my quad fixed.

Getting a part welded this weekend and then its off to be dyno tuned as soon as I get the rest of the parts I ordered put on.

I figure by mid march/early april if its warm enough. Nothing more I hate riding when its cold or so wet you might as well worn a bathing suit :ermm:

ALXKFX450R
03-02-2010, 04:13 PM
ATCO cant be open, are they?

CJM
03-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Just check the website, yea they are open. Next practice is march 6th!

http://www.atcomxracing.com/

deathman53
03-03-2010, 04:57 PM
yeah, the website is saying atco is open, but go down there. The track is covered in snow right now and then when it melts, it will be flooded for awhile. I give it mid-end of the month before it re-opens. Breezewood was supposed to open on the 7th, its 3-4' in snow right now and then it will be super muddy. I want it to open, it doesn't seam realistic right now.

ALXKFX450R
03-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the heads up about ATCO.I guess its areanacross untill Spring fling weekend at BPG.

jerkyboy
03-05-2010, 05:55 AM
Atco is ready for Saturday. The snow has been gone for a couple days and they say its good. Heard they will be putting the finishing touches on the track today. Satuday practice and Race on Sunday. We will be there on Sunday.

MJ2315
03-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Jerkyboy, thanks for the update! I'm still gonna do the old "call before you haul" on Sat. morning - but this is good news.

jerkyboy
03-05-2010, 04:22 PM
My buddy spoke with Kevin today and said the tracks in good shape for Saturday. He said they might even have to water it at some point depending on the turnout.

MJ2315
03-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Saturday Atco was fun, great weather.. Some bad *** cars on the 1/4 strip as well. Afterwords I went riding at a local spot for a bit - just overall a good day. Anybody else in NJ get it in this weekend?

ALXKFX450R
03-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Yup,I was there too great day,till my quad started acting up fun track

moddedblaster20
03-09-2010, 07:04 PM
i did some riding in local woods, just trails, was too muddy in some spots. real nice weather tho

moddedblaster20
03-09-2010, 07:04 PM
i did some riding in local woods, just trails, was too muddy in some spots. real nice weather tho

CJM
03-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Really wish my quad was finished, working on brakes now..

moddedblaster20
03-09-2010, 07:33 PM
brakes are overrated anyhow....lol just kidding!

jerseyrider
03-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Has anyone heard about the spot near seaside heights,,,,,suppose to be like sand dunes(not like oregon but) with big *** hills ????? The guy that told me before i lost his number so,,,,,,thanks

CJM
03-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Well I snapped an exhaust stud off and fixed that, got all new calipers and lines (waiting on them to arrive), new bars, new tires/wheels coming, possibly 1 bent front wheel..yea 1 month, maybe 2 lol.

widowmaker416ex
03-09-2010, 11:12 PM
hey jerseyrider.. that spot " by" seaside is most likely SARCO. its up rt 37 just into manchester.
I'd tell ya a few of my spots to park safely unharrassed by cops, but i dont wanna F myself over in doing so.. sorry buddy

MJ2315
03-10-2010, 07:11 AM
@jerseyrider - Any spot that resembles any sort of dune riding in Seaside would be Island Beach State Park: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/island.html As far as I'm aware, there is no ATV riding allowed.

or like widowmaker416ex said, SARCO in manchester. Man I miss this place.

I've been unharrassed thus far at my local spots, but its only the beginning of the "season".

CJM
03-10-2010, 03:59 PM
I havent been to sarco this year, last year I didnt get any cop problems but others I talked to have.

Riding spots are sacred ground these days, thats why I only pm people directions if I am going.

Shame NJ took all our cash when we register these things (do people actually do that?) and didnt keep that park open..jerks.

Crazy lil punk
03-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by ALXKFX450R
Yup,I was there too great day,till my quad started acting up fun track

Do you have the wild blue camo kfx?

ALXKFX450R
03-12-2010, 05:52 PM
That was me with the studdering quad

Crazy lil punk
03-14-2010, 11:28 AM
that thing looks so badass man. Props on the build, you did a sick job.

ALXKFX450R
03-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks man, I wanted to do something a little different

MJ2315
03-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Ripped for a few hours in the a.m, so nice out....anyone else go (or going) the rest of the weekend?