PDA

View Full Version : jetting questions.

crazyjay
12-13-2009, 05:05 PM
i just got my first lt250. the guy i got it from said it was jetted for warm weather. what should it be jetted at for 30's weather? it fires first kick, have not rode it yet cause i dont know weather its good or bad to ride it with the wrong jet.
it has been b ored .30 over, has bigger carb, fmf pipe, head has been shaved, and he said it runs strickly on 110 octane

matt1106
12-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Your not really giving us much to go on... if i were you, id pull the jets see wat they are, go richer, and adjust the air/fuel screw a little richer, throw a new plug in and run it for a bit. pull the plug and see wat it looks like. another thing to remember is that your bike could be running lean and run great, so if you change the jets and it starts running bad you prob went too rich. good luck.

crazyjay
12-13-2009, 07:03 PM
ok so pretty much i just have to test some different jets out

crazyjay
12-19-2009, 11:18 AM
i just rode it for ten minutes. it fires right up and ran good. i pulled the plug and it was a light color. does that mean i need a bigger jet

800screws
12-19-2009, 02:32 PM
whatever the carb settings are now, go up 2 sizes on the pilot, down a clip on the needle and up 2 sizes on the main....especially for how cold it's now getting up in the northeast.