PDA

View Full Version : hey Ford guys

elementryder
12-13-2009, 11:06 AM
hey i have a 96 f150 with a 6in rough country lift and 35's , i want to put a leveling kit on it, would i have to get new shocks and lower drop brackets?

also anyone with the 5.8L, what mpg do you guys get?

SmthHonRider99
12-13-2009, 11:35 AM
im gettin 10.2 mpg. and how big of a leveling kit are you lookin at getting?

elementryder
12-13-2009, 07:49 PM
yea same here, what all do you have done too yours too get 10mpg, my truck stock got wayy better gas milage than ido now with 35's

but a 2" leveling kit

Pappy
12-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Obama is not gonna be happy at that MPG:devil:

chevys&honda$
12-13-2009, 08:13 PM
all the leveling kit is, are two 2'' coil spring spacers and bolts, the kit will come with everything you need, and it only takes about a half hour to an hour too install

elementryder
12-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by chevys&honda$
all the leveling kit is, are two 2'' coil spring spacers and bolts, the kit will come with everything you need, and it only takes about a half hour to an hour too install

i know, i was just wondering because i already have a 6in lift, i was curious if i needed new shocks or anythingg

wrekd
12-13-2009, 09:20 PM
You don't have to. But if you're worried about it just get some 8" lift shocks. If nobody has them just take a shock off and measure the extended length and compressed length, add 2" or close, and call up some shock manufacturers to see if they have a set in your style and length you need. Alot of trucks have leveling kits and don't require longer shocks.

chevys&honda$
12-13-2009, 09:25 PM
you dont need to change shocks. bolt the kit in an go....well you might need to get an alignment after....

Kickstarts-suck
12-13-2009, 10:07 PM
you dont need to change shocks. bolt the kit in an go....well you might need to get an alignment after....

^

KXRida
12-14-2009, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by elementryder
yea same here, what all do you have done too yours too get 10mpg, my truck stock got wayy better gas milage than ido now with 35's

come on man is that a serious statment? Think about it stock you probably had 27" tires or something equivilant in a metric size. Regear if you want your gas mileage and acceleration to return. With 35's you're looking somewhere around a 4.10 to 4.56 gear.

KXRida
12-14-2009, 06:10 AM

come on man is that a serious statment? Think about it stock you probably had 27" tires or something equivilant in a metric size. Regear if you want your gas mileage and acceleration to return. With 35's you're looking somewhere around a 4.10 to 4.56 gear.

gcart2
12-14-2009, 01:07 PM

No, you will HAVE to get an alignment afterward. Dont risk your a arms, tie rods, and tires over a 50 dollar alignment. ;)

KXRida
12-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
No, you will HAVE to get an alignment afterward. Dont risk your a arms, tie rods, and tires over a 50 dollar alignment. ;)

That is the smartest thing a person could do. I've done a few lifts for people and tell them to get it aligned, most don't so if I ever do lifts any more I point a tire ever so slightly one way so it pulls and annoys the hell out of them until the get it aligned.

elementryder
12-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by KXRida

haha noo, i know i should re-gear it, i just havent felt like spending the money too do it yet

and thanks everyone for the help, i was planning or getting it re-aligned

chevys&honda$
12-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by gcart2

good point.

KXRida
12-14-2009, 09:29 PM
haha noo, i know i should re-gear it, i just havent felt like spending the money too do it yet

and thanks everyone for the help, i was planning or getting it re-aligned

nice truck, not too hot about the wheels, but other than that looks pretty good.