PDA

View Full Version : yfz450r lean angle sensor

duffman1483
12-13-2009, 10:53 AM
I have a 2009 yamaha yfz450r and had to rebuild most of the rear after a bad bad crash. Basically the whole rear of the bike exploded upon impact and I have everything back together except the lean angle sensor. The whole airbox and all was destroyed and this took a big hit and the casing split in half. So I was wondering if anyone knew the combo so I could wire it together without having to buy a new lean angle sensor. Any help is appreciated as I tried for a little bit with no success.
Thanks,
Ken

daddio
12-13-2009, 11:22 AM
The whole lean angle system works on a certain amount of resistance passing through it. To remove it, isn't just a matter of connecting a couple of wires. You would have to wire a correct resistor in the system.
However, the trick is to glue the pendulem (sp?) in place. You might be able to do the same thing, and glue the housing back together.

duffman1483
12-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Figures. I was trying to avoid having 60 bucks on a new one. The old one was pretty thrashed. It's worth a try tho, thanks.

dustin_j
12-14-2009, 07:46 AM
Couldn't someone with a working sensor measure resistance so he could just wire in a resistor? Might work better than gluing it in place?

daddio
12-14-2009, 07:55 AM
I glued the sensors on both of our YFZR's when we first got them, and it works fine.

A lot of the street bike guy's do the same thing.

hendershot106
12-14-2009, 09:10 AM
could you possibly explain in more detail glueing the sensors???

daddio
12-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by hendershot106
could you possibly explain in more detail glueing the sensors???

Here are instructions with pictures.................
http://yfz450.theatvchannel.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=91549

hendershot106
12-14-2009, 09:27 AM
thats kinda funny that kid on there suggested moving the electronics from the rear into the fender. that is the first thing i done to mine after taking off the taillight for a # plate.... i just unplugged the cdi and cut a hole in the back of the manual box in the rear fender... routed the wires through the hole and drilled a hole in the side of the manual box and the top to wrap a ziptie around the wire harness on top of the cdi box.. i used some cotton rags for a redneck cushion on the bottom and sides of the cdi box. i also mounted my efi controller beside of it in the manual box. works very nice and it let me eliminate a couple pounds of CRAP that yamaha had back there...plus it gives me piece of mind from retards rearending me in the first turn.

duffman1483
12-14-2009, 03:40 PM
I appreciate the help guys. I saw that the temperature effected the resistance so I went on ebay and bought the wiring harness with the sensors on it from a raptor 700. The part numbers all matched so I'll just wire it in when I get it. thanks again for the help.