PDA

View Full Version : Jetting stock carb?

86250rbanshee
12-12-2009, 04:53 PM
I have a 86 250R reed spacer Boysen Rad Valve LRD adj pipe, and LRD silencer rebuilt over sumer 182psi compression and running 32:1 Mix 93 octane with Dominator Amsoil oil. I also am running no air box with K&n filter with outwear, and .060 over piston Wiseco. I had that left over I believe I am going to switch to 110 octane 50/50 mix with the 93. But I am thinking the jetting is a bit off just wanted to get a couple opinions running stock carb I believe I have 158 main in there now and 3rd clip position central ohio location. Got any suggestions, seems hesitate low end.

RyanWsly
12-13-2009, 09:15 AM
You need to find out why it's hesitating, does it seem to be running rich or what? could be not running correctly for reasons not related to the carb. settings. In weather like we are having now in the mid-west it will be hard to get it dialed in so you may get it out of it now and it will come back later. Anyhow you might try changing you needle height and see what it does, but more info would be very helpful, then someone on here can probably get you pointed in the right direction.