PDA

View Full Version : Engine tear down pics

jon370r
12-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Well I had 3rd gear go out on me the last time I went to the gravel pit to ride. I was climbing my first headwall of the day and it kind if bogged down like the engine had a lot of load on it. I barely made it over the top lip. Here are some pics of the dismantle. Not bad for almost 2years on that piston. Pump gas with Amsoil Dominator mixed 40:1.

jon370r
12-12-2009, 01:34 PM
more

jon370r
12-12-2009, 01:38 PM
I though I just had a bent shift fork because I rode for at least another hour and all the other gears worked fine, just no 3rd at all. This is what I found when I split the cases. Thank god for my magnetic drain plug. It kept all the large chunks from destroying the whole transmission. Does anyone know which gears come with the Yucon Billet set. This is 3rd gear off the output shaft. I want to know if its included in the set. I have helmet cam video of the climb but for some reason I can't upload it to Youtube right now.

woodsracer144
12-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by jon370r
more

hey jon i have a question for you...

on your cases there are the 2 spots where theres epoxy on cases... to take up some space... do you have to do this on the Polanda builds as well... i'm working on one right now... and im havin a hard time finding out what i need to do to the cases... i dont mean to take from your post i just thought of it when i saw that...

thanks

Peyton

jon370r
12-13-2009, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
hey jon i have a question for you...

on your cases there are the 2 spots where theres epoxy on cases... to take up some space... do you have to do this on the Polanda builds as well... i'm working on one right now... and im havin a hard time finding out what i need to do to the cases... i dont mean to take from your post i just thought of it when i saw that...

thanks

Peyton

Yes, you would need to fill the voids in the cases. The cases need to be clearanced that far out to make room for the cylinder sleeve. I use good stuff called Devcon Aluminum putty 10610.

woodsracer144
12-13-2009, 10:50 AM
sweet thanks! another question... did you do all the work to the cylinder and kept the studs in the OEM spots or did you move the studs? i was going to mill out the holes on the cylinder so that way i could go back to the OEM cyl...

did you run the polaris piston or did you use something else?

thanks alot...

what year cyl do you have on this motor?

jon370r
12-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
sweet thanks! another question... did you do all the work to the cylinder and kept the studs in the OEM spots or did you move the studs? i was going to mill out the holes on the cylinder so that way i could go back to the OEM cyl...

did you run the polaris piston or did you use something else?

thanks alot...

what year cyl do you have on this motor?

This isn't a Polaris cylinder its a Rotax powervalve cylinder. I had to relocate the studs in the cases for this, no other way around it.

woodsracer144
12-13-2009, 03:48 PM
i knew this wasnt a polaris one... i know you had one... i wasnt sure what one this was...