PDA

View Full Version : Mazur's bearing carrier

pickin_aggie08
12-12-2009, 08:18 AM
Well I trashed my bearing carrier the other day and now have to replace it! I had a lonestar twin row and it worked great for almost three years. I had initially planned on replacing it with another lonestar, but i found this one on ebay and liked the idea behind it. I know it was always a pain to pull the carrier out just to grease it.. and this one has the zerk on the outside, and has two rows of bearings as well.... Just wondering if any of you has had experience with these, and what is the quality of them?? Any input is appreciated..

slightlybent47
12-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by pickin_aggie08
Well I trashed my bearing carrier the other day and now have to replace it! I had a lonestar twin row and it worked great for almost three years. I had initially planned on replacing it with another lonestar, but i found this one on ebay and liked the idea behind it. I know it was always a pain to pull the carrier out just to grease it.. and this one has the zerk on the outside, and has two rows of bearings as well.... Just wondering if any of you has had experience with these, and what is the quality of them?? Any input is appreciated..

Here is another brand i was looking at to replace mine.
Anyone know anything about this brand?

http://www.radmfg.com/carriers.htm

dalejiw25
12-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Depends on your swing arm. I have a billet Lonestar carrier w/ Zerk fitting on mine with a Lonestar Swingarm. I still have to remove the carrier to grease it as the Zerk fitting does not show through the swing arm any wheres (it's in the middle of the Carrier). If your going that route make sure the Zerk fitting is on the outside chain adjuster side or the Brake side where it can be easily accessed without having to remove it. From the link you've given The Rad looks Real nice. I may be switching Myself. Thanks.

slightlybent47
12-12-2009, 09:20 AM
I have a used lone star carrier I was going to put on mine but after seeing the rad site I may sell the lone star and go with the rad.
i just replaced the sprocket hub this past week and was going to put a zerk fitting on the carrier bearing but the way the swing arm is designed just putting one on the top of the carrier wont work.
What would be a good price to put on the lone star carrier? The one I have sells for 231.00 new.

quad2xtreme
12-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by pickin_aggie08

They seem to be slightly larger in diameter than the stock so it doesn't slide in quite as easily. It is tight but will fit. Pry your swingarm open a bit more.

The inside bearings don't have the seals on so you can truly force grease in and have it get into all the bearings. There will be two sets of bearings on each side.

The inner tube isn't hardened like stock. I don't think it will cause any problems. The only carrier I know of with a hardened tube is Baldwin.

You will be able to get to the grease fitting on a 400ex using the stock sprocket hub. Some aftermarkets will block access so you will still need to loosen axle and slide it out some. This is still better than the ones that put the zerk in the middle of the axle carrier...unless you drill a hole in your swingarm so you can just fit the grease gun down through the hole. You still have to turn the axle carrier so it is aligned with the hole you drilled in the swingarm.

The Mazur will not work with inner rockrings without additional machine work.

ok, that is all I know.