PDA

View Full Version : DWT World Mx Racing Series kicks of this weekend!

QuadJunkies
12-12-2009, 01:09 AM
http://www.worldmxracing.com/

I cant wait to hear the race report on the Season opener ! Should make for another up and coming series :cool:
We wanted to make it out to this one, but too much to get ready for WORCS next month and too close to the holidays. :ermm:

CADWELL
12-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Can't wait to see how many entries they had. I really hope this series takes off and gets to be known as a big winter series.

I wanna give a shot out to Kody Evans #37 on a Walsh/TRX in the Pro class. He was up front with Zimmerman all season at the ITP series and did pretty well in the one showing in the ProAm class at Muddy Creek also.

quadracer707
12-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Is there any live coverage of this?? I know they said someone was going to cover it,

Ken

TrapZ400
12-12-2009, 02:06 PM
So is there any live coverage for it?

TTracer#22
12-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Just got a report from the race I was told the overall went like this. The downpoor came halfway through the 2nd moto's and came down hard.

Wienen
Upperman
Warnia
nelson

TrapZ400
12-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks for posting those results man I was dying to hear about what happened! lol

Was Upperman still on a honda?

TTracer#22
12-12-2009, 05:58 PM
He didnt say did say he holeshoted but wienen passes him and checked out.I will ask and post as soon as i here

JIM GRACE
12-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Turn out looked really low, half a gate for the
pros and 2 kids in the 70 and 90 class. I am
sure glen Helen will be a better turn out.

TrapZ400
12-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Results
http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/world-atv-motocross-racing-2009-1-results.html

QuadJunkies
12-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by JIM GRACE
Turn out looked really low, half a gate for the
pros and 2 kids in the 70 and 90 class. I am
sure glen Helen will be a better turn out. you have to give the series some time to grow . Even itp took time and I really think this series will be huge over time . I do think starting a series right before the holidays didn't help numbers either .

JIM GRACE
12-13-2009, 06:44 AM
True, xmas is around the corner. Just
shocked to see a big series with such
a low turnout. Not a good sign of the times

tt racer
12-13-2009, 10:05 AM
I think it will be ok and its a good idea. We all know people will find a way to race and ride no matter what.

TrapZ400
12-13-2009, 10:22 AM
photos
http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2009-world-atv-mx-01-teaser-photos/index.html

TrapZ400
12-13-2009, 11:50 AM
race report
http://www.atvriders.com/atvracing/world-atv-mx-racing-2009-1-race-report.html

QuadJunkies
12-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Looks like Baron and Zimmerman had a get off ! :eek2:

liljhall09
12-13-2009, 05:37 PM
I noticed upperman has white plastic now , u think this has to do with Honda dropping there riders ? I know Joe Byrd told me if he rode a Honda next season it wont have any red on it lol

TrapZ400
12-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Yea Upperman is rockin the white to show his independence from honda. Greg Gee did the same thing last season.

TNT
12-13-2009, 06:39 PM
So whats this seires mission to compete w/IPT or provide some off season racing/training?

QuadJunkies
12-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Anyone hear how round2 went today?
Sounds like possible mudfest today. Ive been there when they have had a downpour. :p

Sucks for Fredericks, I figured he would have had a good weekend on his home track. Not his weekend for luck.

CADWELL
12-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by TNT
So whats this seires mission to compete w/IPT or provide some off season racing/training?

I doubt either of your assumptions is this serie's mission.

"off season racing" dose n't even make any sense lol...

This is a full fledged racing series event. Just because the turnout is low, or is not held on the other side of the mapo dosen't make it "off season". Will some racers say they will use it as other series off season work out, off course...

But like stated above, you have to give it time to grow, I know you can care less what happens with racing this side of the Mississippii...you've given me your opinion on it already.

The mission seems pretty black and white.......The introduction of a brand knew full fledged ATV Motocross series with legitimate sponsors that will only grow from here.

Pappy
12-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Looking at the weather and the close proximity to christmas, I would say those factors harmed the turn out more then anything.

I would wait for the next round to see how the series will fare. As far as I am aware, this series schedule doesnt conflict with any other so how can it be considered competing with another:confused:

QuadJunkies
12-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by JIM GRACE

shocked to see a big series with such
a low turnout. Not a good sign of the times

For sure Jim.. Even WORCS numbers were less at the two rounds we attended last year I noticed. This is brave times to start up a series when times are tough. Im sure if the riders dont show a decent interest over time it will get canceled.
Hopefully things pick up in 2010 . ;)

One thing Im hoping to see is a bigger variety of tracks with this series. Maybe more threwout the West and not all just in SoCal locations. Theres alot of riders on the West Coast who would be eager to try out the series, its just alot of expense to travel .

TNT
12-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by CADWELL
I doubt either of your assumptions is this serie's mission.

"off season racing" dose n't even make any sense lol...

This is a full fledged racing series event. Just because the turnout is low, or is not held on the other side of the mapo dosen't make it "off season". Will some racers say they will use it as other series off season work out, off course...

But like stated above, you have to give it time to grow, I know you can care less what happens with racing this side of the Mississippii...you've given me your opinion on it already.

The mission seems pretty black and white.......The introduction of a brand knew full fledged ATV Motocross series with legitimate sponsors that will only grow from here.

If you look at dates DWT starts 12-12 right after the final QuadX round 11-22 and ends before IPT starts...., does appear to be off season racing, seems like the two are racing primarly CA, AZ......I don’t see the rational behind running DWT on or close to IPT dates in the same neck of the woods especially in the economy when IPT has struggled to get it’s numbers up. To be "full fledged" I would think DWT has to run the same season and compete w/IPT eventually ...If they run both series side-by-side next season that will be interesting, I just don’t see the turn out at either if they do that but what do I know.

I don't care what side of the MS we want them ALL to suceed! combine forces if anything!...I just don’t understand where this series is headed that’s all. If it was not 19-24 hours away we go and we may still try and hit one to support it, being in KS both east/west are both long drives.....

TrapZ400
12-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Round 2 Overall
1. Upperman
2. Wienen
3. Nelson
4. Warnia

QuadJunkies
12-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Seans a smart man. Might take a few races to get it figured out but hes very successful with his Offroad series,hopefully he will do the same for the MX as well.

QuadJunkies
12-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by TrapZ400
Round 2 Overall
1. Upperman
2. Wienen
3. Nelson
4. Warnia

NICE!! Great job Upperman!!

I cant wait to see how Frenchie does this year.
The dudes smokin !! :cool:

TTracer#22
12-13-2009, 08:33 PM
We missed the first race we are on vacation in Tenn. right now but from what I was told the Hwy going in from the North was closed Fri Night and Sat so alot of people coming from the 15 North couldn't get to the track. The time of year isn't the best forsure but if you have ever been to a WORCS races you seah is no dummy and with DWT signed on for 2 years it will only get better.

QuadJunkies
12-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by TTracer#22
We missed the first race we are on vacation in Tenn. right now but from what I was told the Hwy going in from the North was closed Fri Night and Sat so alot of people coming from the 15 North couldn't get to the track. The time of year isn't the best for sure but if you have ever been to a WORCS races you seah is no dummy and with DWT signed on for 2 years it will only get better.
Hows the weather over there right now??
what closed the Hwy? That really sucks. :ermm:
All I know is that someone better do a sundance when we come over in Jan. !! haha!
Im sick of the cold and snowy weather here! :scary: