PDA

View Full Version : how loud is your sparks pipe

TRX01
12-11-2009, 07:06 PM
hey guys....i want to by a new pipe soon and i was wondering how loud a curtis sparks pipe was.......i youtubed it...they sound awesome but u really cant tell how loud it truly is...so lets hear some of your opinions on the loudness

odog
12-12-2009, 05:21 AM
i just bought the x-6 bigcore pipe i had the procircuit t-4. while idleing they sound about the same but while your riding the x-6 is much louder but its a deep loudness not a high pitch loudness. with this exhaust i cant here anyone behind me riding i no i looked back at least 5 times to make sure my cousin was still behind me on his bike.

dalejiw25
12-12-2009, 06:50 AM
How many of these "How Quiet" Threads must we endure. If you want quiet buy a Bicycle. If you want Balls-out HP you're gonna have to make a little noise. Have you ever heard a quiet NASCAR ???? Or been to a quiet NHRA event ???? Lets get real here peeps. You can't have em both. Anything Piston powered will make some noise. If you're worried bout your neighbors, You should be. The neighborhood is not where you ride your Noisy *** Quad. There's a time and a place for everything, Take NASCAR for instance, You'll never hear one in the neighborhood, Because they belong on a track. Most of the pipes everyone is looking at here are aftermarket "racing pipes" (Curtis Sparks Racing, Duncan Racing, FMF Racing, etc...etc.) They are not intended for street use. They are not intended to be Forestry approved. Once again, If you want quiet, Buy a bicycle.

Jessem24
12-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by dalejiw25
How many of these "How Quiet" Threads must we endure. If you want quiet buy a Bicycle. If you want Balls-out HP you're gonna have to make a little noise. Have you ever heard a quiet NASCAR ???? Or been to a quiet NHRA event ???? Lets get real here peeps. You can't have em both. Anything Piston powered will make some noise. If you're worried bout your neighbors, You should be. The neighborhood is not where you ride your Noisy *** Quad. There's a time and a place for everything, Take NASCAR for instance, You'll never hear one in the neighborhood, Because they belong on a track. Most of the pipes everyone is looking at here are aftermarket "racing pipes" (Curtis Sparks Racing, Duncan Racing, FMF Racing, etc...etc.) They are not intended for street use. They are not intended to be Forestry approved. Once again, If you want quiet, Buy a bicycle.
wow way to be a complete *** dude. hes just asking a question

and TRX i would imagine that its about 105db. my hmf is 104 and curtis are slightly lounder

bkelley
12-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Jessem24
Seriously, how many of these a**holes must we endure? Good job making an analogy with a bunch of vehicles that don't even run silencers and have 800+ horse power. An overly loud bike is annoying, especially if you're riding it all day. It's not like the dude wants a drag bike. EXs are notorious trail machines and a lot of places have dB level limitations.

TRX01
12-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Jessem24

and TRX i would imagine that its about 105db. my hmf is 104 and curtis are slightly lounder thanks thats what i wanted to here...thanks man

Sinister95Z
12-16-2009, 07:51 PM
I also have the Sparks X-6 Bigcore.

To be honest, it is probably the loudest exhaust that you can buy for the 400EX. 105 or 106 db is a good guess.

That being said, I would not have it any other way. It sounds absolutely awesome. Nice deep intimidating rumble at idle and it screams when opened up.

honda400ex2003
12-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Originally posted
I also have the Sparks X-6 Bigcore.

To be honest, it is probably the loudest exhaust that you can buy for the 400EX. 105 or 106 db is a good guess.

Seriously, how many of these a**holes must we endure? Good job making an analogy with a bunch of vehicles that don't even run silencers and have 800+ horse power. An overly loud bike is annoying, especially if you're riding it all day. It's not like the dude wants a drag bike. EXs are notorious trail machines and a lot of places have dB level limitations.

as far as i am concerned that is unacceptable by any exhaust company to even think about selling something that loud. anyway, hey at least it sounds good. bkelley hit it on the head. I wish people could figure out that loud is not good when on trails. more of them need to see trails shut down from noise then it would hit home. steve

Sinister95Z
12-16-2009, 09:29 PM
To each thier own I guess. I live out in Arizona and there are no trails really. It is mainly desert out in the middle of nowhere or dunes.

Sparks does sell a much more quiet exhaust system for the 400EX. It is the non-big core with a quiet core. I am sure that would be much better for trails or noise concerned people.

For my style of riding, I like it loud. Sparks delivers the sound and the power.

honda400ex2003
12-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Sinister95Z
To each thier own I guess.
agreed. lol steve

odog
12-17-2009, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Sinister95Z
To each thier own I guess. I live out in Arizona and there are no trails really. It is mainly desert out in the middle of nowhere or dunes.

Sparks does sell a much more quiet exhaust system for the 400EX. It is the non-big core with a quiet core. I am sure that would be much better for trails or noise concerned people.

For my style of riding, I like it loud. Sparks delivers the sound and the power. yea it's loud but it isnt the loudest.i bought mine for the performance just so happened its loud.sound and looks ok but i buy parts for performance and as far as i know this is the best performing exhaust on the market for the ex.

Sinister95Z
12-17-2009, 11:42 AM
The main reason that I bought mine was for performance also. I read everywhere online that the X-6 was the best performance exhaust for the 400EX, so that is why I picked it up. the loud part was just an extra for me.

If you do not think it is the loudest exhaust, then what company do you believe is the loudest? Now you have me curious...lol.

odog
12-17-2009, 03:41 PM
i ride with a 406ex and he has a dg exhaust it has a short can its louder than mine at idle and i might be a little louder wide open.i havent heard a cobra exhaust on a 400ex but a friend of mine s has one on a 300ex and its louder than mine and i think the ct and the trinity pipes are a little louder.and white bros e series are pretty loud my cousin has a big gun header with a an e series wb on his kfx400 and hes about a 1db louder then me

mitchconley
12-17-2009, 05:18 PM
if youre looking for quiet, get a lexx. or if youre willing to spend more money a fmf q2