PDA

View Full Version : Any word on class yet?

tntauto1127
12-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Anyone hearing anything about the addition of the 50 mod cvt class or 70 stock limited class to the national lineup?

EthansDad
12-11-2009, 06:44 PM
nada...

would be nice for them to say something so folks can buy/fix up the bikes they need. Any of the dealers hear anything, or have an inside person to call at the atva???

EthansDad
12-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Hey,

Check this out, looks like we came together and was heard!! This link below is the release, but here is a paragraph on the new classed added. The sub links to the actual rules and classes is not live yet as I post this, sure it will be soon.

from atvamx:
The Veteran 30+ classes also presented the same challenges as the Women's; therefore a Veteran 30+ and Veteran 30+ C class were created. The Schoolboy Sr. class age will be lowered from 15 to 14 to accommodate those riders making the transition to larger machines. The addition of a 50 CVT (6-8) class, requested by many during the proposal period, will allow for riders to remain competitive on an entry level 50cc longer.

Full link:
http://www.atvmotocross.com/articles/1845_2010-ama-atv-motocross-championship-supplemental-rules-and-classes-announced

Bens Dad
12-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Will this be a 50 mod. class or a 50 limited ? does any one know

coffing918
12-15-2009, 04:40 PM
i think it says 50 production 6-8

EthansDad
12-15-2009, 05:10 PM
It's called "50 CVT" with no limited. the 50cc limited class remains in place this year. My take on this is the 50 limited is bound by the rules per that class, and the "50 CVT" is basically no holds barred on a 50 for mods (except it remains 50cc). We'll have to wait for the rules, but that is my take on it. They created this class so 50 CVT riders (like DRR/Apex) would have a faster class option coming out the limited class without having to switch to a cobra 50. The other difference is the age range with the limited class being 4-6 and the "50 cvt" being 6-8.

Ben could run both classes this year, but you might need different quads for the 50 limited and 50 cvt class to be legal/competive in each class.

-EA

Bens Dad
12-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Thats all I need to is to buy one more quad ! I guess I could turn his 70 mod to a 50 mod with little money?

mkeane
12-15-2009, 05:23 PM
they give you the production rules but the 50 limited stock rules start with production models and also says you can change internal portions of the motor. could you do that last year?

EthansDad
12-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Those quads seem to multiple like rabbits, don't they? :D

Turning your 70 in to a 50 mod might be a good option since its already got a good chasis/suspension and such on it. you'd need to talk with Hetrick on what else would be needed. My guess is you'd have to change topend, pipe and clutching, maybe carb to get it balanced out right for the 50. Rich would know, but overall, I'm sure its a cheaper starting place than getting another 50 quad and starting over. And you'd have the 70 parts on the shelf when you want to switch it back over to a 70.

-EA

EthansDad
12-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Hey Mike,

your the lucky one out of the limited class. why be concerned with those rules anymore?

Here is what the ATVA says about limited:

6. 50cc Limited: Production models. The following may be changed: shocks (limited to maximum 4" shock travel), tires, wheels (must not change stock width) internal portions of the motor, spark arrestor may be removed (must still meet 99db), sprockets, gearing, clutch, twist throttle, handlebars, grips, handle bar pads, front bumper, rear grab bar, air filter and jetting. Air box lid may be removed or modified. Fenders may be trimmed. Manufacturer installed parental speed limiting devices may be removed. Nerf bars or suitable floorboards and working tether cords are required. No other modifications are allowed, INCLUDING, carburetors, oil injection, air box, gas tank, exhaust systems, wheel base, width, rear axle, A-arm, steering dampener, and suspension (with the exception of shocks). However, if a violation is deemed by the referee to be cosmetic in nature, with no performance advantage or willful misconduct involved, a warning or fine may be issued in lieu of disqualification.

-------

Bens Dad
12-15-2009, 05:32 PM
keep me posted if you find out any more info. on the rules.

mkeane
12-15-2009, 05:49 PM
looks like i am not the only one who went out and got a 70 prematurally. the 70 i got has a metrakit. will i be able to just change the top end?

Bens Dad
12-15-2009, 06:01 PM
I do know that the only differance between a 70 and 50 drr is the top end, pipe, reeds,carb. the rod should be the same but Im not 100% pos.

mkeane
12-15-2009, 06:12 PM
i see they are also doing the North/South series. it appears that they did listen to the masses

coffing918
12-15-2009, 06:51 PM
well my son will be running some nationals in this class for sure maybe 5 or 6 of them. im glad to see this class.

quadnana7
12-15-2009, 07:10 PM
posted today new class will be a 50CVT Production class
posted on the atv site

hotquads1
12-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Bens Dad
keep me posted if you find out any more info. on the rules. .
be careful guys , unless there has been a rule change, a 70cc cannot be downsized to a 50 . The AMA -ATVA rules state that an engine can be upgraded or upsized , but cannot be down sized , in other words a 70cc quad cannot run in a 50cc class even if the engine has been downsized to a 50cc. Do your own investigating on this , before making any changes , but as far as I know this rule is still binding.
Marc

quadrider79
12-16-2009, 06:01 PM
You beat me to that one Mark. The rules do state, No downsizing of engine cc's.