PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Mod Motors And Performance Parts

Shepherd Racing
12-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Building an 02 lt80 for flat track racing. Looking for pipes, big bore kits, carbs, motors, wheels and tires and any advice that will help. Have raced bikes for 30+ years and have the mechanical abilities. The grandson has decided to give quads a try and I have always been interested. Let me know what you have. I work out of town during the week and have limited access to the computer. Leave a message here with a phone# and I will respond. If these will not run with the others please do not hesitate to tell me. We just happen to have this one and I thought it would be a good starter without too much money spent. Heard you can make these run pretty good. Thanks.

LT80
12-11-2009, 07:54 AM
"Heard you can make these run pretty good."
I can! LOL
Judging by your questions, you need some info before you waste a ton of cash.

Shepherd Racing
12-13-2009, 10:41 PM
That is exactly what I need to know first. Am I wasting my time trying to do this with the Suzuki. All I am seeing around here are the DRR's and APEX's. We will have to run against them every time we go to the track. I just want to know if it can be done without having to remortgage the house and an estimate on the cost. Just want to be competitive without breaking the bank. Thanks for your reply. Any help will be appreciated.

LT80
12-14-2009, 07:31 AM
"without having to remortgage the house"

We all rent..:D :D

Up top of the page, it says "messages"..Click on that to view private messages. :)

Shepherd Racing
12-15-2009, 02:00 AM
Got the messages. Thanks for responding. I will be calling soon. I found a 98 that has been rode around the yard and has been sitting for 3 yrs. in a heated garage. Almost giving it away at the price he told me. Looks like I may have 2 of them to do. One mild for practice and one wild for racing. We have 44 acres of woods with trails and a 1/8th mile short track and TT track on the property for practice. To answer your other question no I am not related to Charlie Shepherd.