PDA

View Full Version : Dont you just hate people who trash talk our sport who have never tried it?

m0t0xk1d
12-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Ok, well today i was talkin got my friends about how much they thought basketball was hard and how much physical shape you need to be in. i was liek you guys dont even know, you've never even tried motocross. i got the response " all you do is sit down, push the throttle and steer."

Well let me tell you that just really pissed me off. People dont understand how physically demanding our sport is and how much people have to train for it. im talking about both bikes and quads alike.

i proved to them several times that motocross was way more demanding in many ways.
"The National Athletic Health Institute in Inglewood, California tested several professional motocross racers in September 1979 as part of a comparative study of the cardio-vascular, muscle endurance, and flexibility fitness of athletes from various disciplines. Athletes from track, American football, pro basketball and soccer were tested, among others. As a group, the motocross riders tested to a higher overall fitness level than any group tested"

simply stuff like this, right there proves.

non of these kids have ever tried and only one has ever ridden a quad just slow riding down dirt road.

dont you just hate people that hate and talk trash abut our sport?

sorry for spelling errors and grammar errors i was in a hurry

SRH
12-10-2009, 05:52 PM
haha, someday youll get a bit older and just not care what ppl, think, if they dont believe you and you really want to prove it let them borrow someones quad or bike and race

m0t0xk1d
12-10-2009, 06:00 PM
yes and i understand that. but its just the fact of the reputation of this sport. everyone thinks it so easy. its irritating to hear all of it when it all right there al the facts and they still cant except it, they had nothing to back them selves up with

nemo25
12-10-2009, 06:02 PM
take em to a track and see if after 3 laps they can feel their arms

Which 450?
12-10-2009, 06:07 PM
My old neighbor used to whine about me riding my old 400ex, until I let him ride it. Now he has MORE bikes then me. But what I dont get is that it was stock, and he would whine about how much noise it made. I would start it up, let it warm up 5-10 minutes, then leave. My lawnmower is tons louder then that, and you hear that thing for hours at a time!

alex10
12-10-2009, 06:51 PM
I don't care what other people think. :D

muddy400EX
12-10-2009, 07:17 PM
motocross has a simple answer to people like that.

if someone says motocross is easy, they have NEVER done it.

and ya, it drives me crazy to. but theres really nothing you can do, id like to see a reality show with a few basketball and baseball players who say motocross is easy, and have them put into a race with some high level guys. id watch it:p

Canadian144
12-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Man I go to this private school and I was talking to this girl one day about how I ride ATVs and do a bit of MX and she was saying "all you do is just sit down and push a button"..... Honestly I was ready to slap her!

I believe that Sports Illustrated picked MX as being the most physically demanding sport or something like that.

m0t0xk1d
12-10-2009, 08:10 PM
several articles and studies show it is the most physically demanding sport behind soccer, i dont get why people dont get it by now, its right there for their eyes to see:huh

LTandRaptorider
12-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Couple years ago when I broke 6 bones in my back at a race, I encountered this with the x-ray tech. She was asking me how my accident happened. I explained it was at a quad race. She looks at me and says, but quads go real slow, just putt in the woods. I said no, I was on a race quad, they actually can go fairly fast. She then REALLY looks at me and asks... And how old are you that you still do this??!! Convo went downhill at that point! :blah:

motofreak2772
12-10-2009, 08:30 PM
Its not like they can stroll down to a local sports athourity and pick up a motocross kit. You never really know untill you actually try it and with our sport trying it takes a lot of money.

Ruby Soho
12-10-2009, 08:39 PM
this argument is so overdone.. i used to think the same thing but like said already.. who cares.

jesseweaver
12-10-2009, 08:48 PM
the problem is you can't really put them on a bike for a few laps. if you do, they don't have the skill to ride hard, they're not gonna be tired after 3 laps cause they will not push hard at all. when i first started riding i'd never get tired cause i'd be putting around the whole track. now i usually get my *** kicked, especially the first ride of the year. thats never on a sunday for me cause theres no way i'm in any condition to work hard the next day.

muddy400EX
12-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
the problem is you can't really put them on a bike for a few laps. if you do, they don't have the skill to ride hard, they're not gonna be tired after 3 laps cause they will not push hard at all.

that is very true^ but you could still tell em, "hey go jump that 100ft triple" and they will be like "HELL NO" lol

XCRacer236
12-11-2009, 04:14 PM
i LOVE it when people at school say how easy it is. at first i tried explaining it to them, but now i just laugh in their face and go on

Ryan
12-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Sometimes I expect hearing stuff like that from the younger kids. But when an adult trys to prove you wrong that riding/racing atv's takes no physical effort, you can't even get mad. All you could possibly think is, "How far is this persons head shoved up their a§§?" Anyone who thinks any athletic sport is easy without experiencing it first hand, to me, is someone who makes assumtions about things they no nothing about. Don't get mad at these people if your smarter than them ;) .

quadboy-55
12-11-2009, 06:22 PM
at my school theres alot of that crap. even my teachers. i had one who was like "id never let my kids near a quad... they are sooooo dangerous" and i was like, yea? well F*CK you too lady! when you crash ar car its your own danm fault. same as a quad.

seems like the rules are bent a 'lil differently around quads :mad:

fastredrider44
12-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Anybody that says it is easy is clueless, all there is to it. Remember, if it was easy, everyone would do it.:D

motoguy450r
12-11-2009, 07:17 PM
my wife's ex stepbrother showed up on his new predator for a race one day and thought he was gonna be king of the hill on his lil bada** 500. he made it a half a lap at blackrock mx and pulled off the track, loaded it and went home. had it for sale the next day and went back to racing drag cars on sat. nite. got a good laugh when he said his arms were hurting so bad and ask us to load it for him. then told his girlfriend to drive home.

Ichoptop
12-12-2009, 12:33 AM
you talk to people that dont ride?

JR3
12-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Ichoptop

+1

m0t0xk1d
12-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Ichoptop

there is like one person that actually races in my school that im sure off really

hondariderdylan
12-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by m0t0xk1d
there is like one person that actually races in my school that im sure off really

the only kid in my school that races is in my series. lol

most people think idiot rednecks in the middle of a mud hole when they think quads around my town:ermm:

its actually aggravating, they think that the only things that can race XC and that sort of thing are bikes:mad: