PDA

View Full Version : any info on the revmax rev box 2006 yfz ??

florentino
12-10-2009, 03:24 PM
i am having a hard time starting my bike. i have the cam modo. 13 to 1 gytr piston new valvels. and the bike sputers its runs real strong some thing is not working good so here are some questions..
#1 does the cam mod make it hard to start?

#2 does the rev box help or make worse. ? it has 9 settings but i dont have any info on that its a rev max box. are they worth it or go back to stock.

#3 i am in hayward california 50 ft. above sea level. have a 190 main,45 pilot and gytr needle in the middle.

#4 can the stator start to go bad and still run?? i have no lites

#5 i have a full system exaust gytr any input on that all i do is mx. do you guys like that pipe its too loud to pass sound check.

thanks i am sure this will help more people so give me all you got.

yamaha_maniack
12-12-2009, 07:59 PM
i wouldnt reccommend aftermarket rev boxes because one of my friends bought one (i dont know which one)
and he got it wet from washing it after practice but then the next morning before the race he started it and it wouldnt let the rpm's go up very high, so he ended up going back to stock because aftermarket sometimes has problems when they get wet. what it did was like make the red line sound when you barely gave it any throttle and it just bogged. after stock was put back in it didnt do that anymore..
just my thoughts

florentino
12-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by yamaha_maniack
i wouldnt reccommend aftermarket rev boxes because one of my friends bought one (i dont know which one)
and he got it wet from washing it after practice but then the next morning before the race he started it and it wouldnt let the rpm's go up very high, so he ended up going back to stock because aftermarket sometimes has problems when they get wet. what it did was like make the red line sound when you barely gave it any throttle and it just bogged. after stock was put back in it didnt do that anymore..
just my thoughts
thanks for the input. keep it coming ..

yamaha_maniack
12-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Yeah thats just my opinion... i am not sure if just his brand of aftermarket box did it, or if all aftermarket boxes do it eventually.. in my opinion i dont really see one necessary..
your opinion could be different though. not trying to convince you not to get one, just letting you know what i have seen happen.

See ya

florentino
12-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by yamaha_maniack
Yeah thats just my opinion... i am not sure if just his brand of aftermarket box did it, or if all aftermarket boxes do it eventually.. in my opinion i dont really see one necessary..
your opinion could be different though. not trying to convince you not to get one, just letting you know what i have seen happen.

See ya
yea i already have mine its a rev max and i heard that sometimes they fail. is this true.
i want some input from the guys that have them. but thanks ..