PDA

View Full Version : suspension upgrade on the cheap

sangheraent
12-10-2009, 03:02 PM
I am working on getting my 250r running and because of a ****ty employer my budget is way lower then before so now currently I have stock everything. to get ready for mx season i was thinking of doing some minor upgrades for temporary use. basicly im gonna get +3 arms and a plus 4 axle just wanted some cheap shocks that can be run for now im not too sure what works. I was thinking yfz or 450r aarms do they work with +3 a arms?

rrguy
12-10-2009, 09:10 PM
450r should work they are at least adjustable & could always have them re valved. depending on how you ride & your weight, they might work fine as is. I might have a set cheap & can get service them be setup & closer to your weight $199

Yfz are bigger shock ends & do not fit the way they are, plus they are too short for your purpose IMO.

That or keep an eye out for some cheap works etc..

I think I would rather have good shocks & a stock width 250r vs wide

sangheraent
12-11-2009, 01:27 AM
my ultimate goal is to have +3 with good shocks so i dont want to buy good shocks have them valved for stock a arms then have them re valved for +3 later so I figured I would run +3 aarms with temporary shocks the 450r shocks seem like a good idea to me.

rrguy
12-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Yep I hear yah.

the 450r shocks would normally be a bit stiff for the 250r so should work out ok.