PDA

View Full Version : Got pulled over again

jesseweaver
12-10-2009, 12:23 PM
i finally got pulled over on my way home from school today for my tint that i've had for over a year. :( yea well it was bound to happen sooner or later. heres the **** of it, the cop who pulled me over, his windows were tinted pretty dark. he says its ok cause his car was a k9 unit car :confused: whatever...

he gave me 2 options---

1- get a $112 fine
2-he gives me a paper i have to take to the local police station (he was a state cop) and i get them to sign it showing that i took my tint off.

i chose the $112 fine but then he said i still have to get it taken off cause next time i get pulled over its a $500 fine, and i still have to get the paper signed that shows i took it off :rolleyes: so i said i'll just take that warning paper then.

so i was wondering if i would put it back on then would it be a $112 fine, or would it be a $500 fine? cause if its $112 ill but it back on cause i went over a year without getting in trouble for it.

jesseweaver
12-10-2009, 12:30 PM
also i have a mustang and i have the sequential taillights in. he claimed that was illegal too :huh but he said he was too lazy to look it up so he let me go. i thought they would be legal??

godzilla
12-10-2009, 12:34 PM
just get rid of the tints completely, and you will have less to worry about.

One_Bad_400
12-10-2009, 12:52 PM
tint looks cool i guess but is it really worth the hassle?

and on the tail lights.. i'm pretty sure the new mustangs do that from factory. maybe not though, just the only new mustang i've seen when it turned it had them. so i onow

yellowzo3
12-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
also i have a mustang and i have the sequential taillights in. he claimed that was illegal too :huh but he said he was too lazy to look it up so he let me go. i thought they would be legal??

Like One_Bad said, I also heard the new Mustangs come from the factory with sequentials. I think some Lambos come from the factory with sequential turn signals too.

Scro
12-10-2009, 12:57 PM
I would just take it off and put legal tint on.

ATVMX33
12-10-2009, 01:16 PM
yeah...2010 mustang come with sequential lights..i have them on my stang too...i also have tint..

how dark was your??..remember the number??

Scro
12-10-2009, 01:37 PM
I will say that there machine that reads tint isn't accurate. I had 20% at one time, and was pulled over. The machine he used said I had 5%.:rolleyes:

muddy400EX
12-10-2009, 01:45 PM
any tint on the front is illegal in illionois, so i just went blacked out,lol. figured if im gonna do it i might as well do it right:blah:

bens250ex
12-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
tint looks cool i guess but is it really worth the hassle?

and on the tail lights.. i'm pretty sure the new mustangs do that from factory. maybe not though, just the only new mustang i've seen when it turned it had them. so i onow

you can get away with 20% usually without a problem...when the cop stops you just roll the front windows down...that what i do

Dan_Guetter
12-10-2009, 02:41 PM
I've been pulled over 3 times for tint....its good to have police buds to sign the tickets for me!

ATVMX33
12-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex
when the cop stops you just roll the front windows down...that what i do

thats what im planning

fastredrider44
12-10-2009, 03:18 PM
If you don't take it off, and the cop is a true .... then it's possible he will be looking for you to pull you over again. :mad:

rodeo#11
12-10-2009, 04:02 PM
i say just take it off and put legal tint on... gonna be lame but like they said in previous post if he is a real a** he will be looking for you ride every time just so he can write a easy ticket, and with the taillights.. That's just dumb least you have them... 40% of the cars on the road i swear only have like 1 taillight and thats it... he should be pulling them over not you.

slightlybent47
12-10-2009, 04:02 PM
You got the old do as I say and not as I do routine!!!!!
If he didn’t use the machine to determine if it was to dark, then I’d fight it.
You could also ask if the machine had been cal breaded recently and if not fight the ticket.
Get it independently checked before you fight it and maybe there will be a discrepancy in the two readings.

Other wise follow the rule like everyone else and you won’t have any problems.

Life a ***** and then you marry one, she takes all your **** and then you die!!!!!

250x_kyle
12-10-2009, 06:07 PM
learn to tint it yourself and when u get pulled over you just take the peel it off and have it signed off. my brother tints his own windows and for people localy. in pa last time i checked 70% is the lowest you can go on a car. so that would be pritty much stock if stock isnt darker. i had 15 percent on my durango for 2 years and never had a problem.

alex10
12-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Just roll down your windows when you get pulled over and when he asks you to put them up say the relay just failed.

Jblazin98
12-10-2009, 07:58 PM
any tint on your front windows (drivers and passenger side) is illegal in PA. You dont need a meter, all though it helps in court. The rear windows can be blacked out as long as you got side mirrors.

Police and ambulances are exempt from the tint law because of all the equipment in them. Tough decision on what to do. Good luck

SmthHonRider99
12-10-2009, 08:05 PM
I have also heard that you can tell the cops that you are advertising for a tint shop. dont know if it works but it seems like it would ..?

jesseweaver
12-10-2009, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Jblazin98
any tint on your front windows (drivers and passenger side) is illegal in PA. You dont need a meter, all though it helps in court. The rear windows can be blacked out as long as you got side mirrors.

Police and ambulances are exempt from the tint law because of all the equipment in them. Tough decision on what to do. Good luck

yea thats what he said. he didn't use a meter. i have 15% tint. and i always do roll my windows down when i get pulled over. its been working for over a year. he was going up the ramp to get on the highway and i was getting off and he turned around and pulled me over. he never even saw my windows when he pulled me over cause they were down the whole time. and yea i told him i'll just get the drivers and passengers windows taken off and he said no they won't sign it unless you have everything off, the back window too. and yea i was pretty much 100% sure your back windwo can even be black.

idk what to do... :ermm: and yea i probably could get away with it in court but he will be looking for me again. how big of an area do state cops patrol?

and yea getting legal tint is not an option cause in PA legal tint is pretty much clear. its either 10 or 15% or nothing for me :ermm:

muddy400EX
12-10-2009, 08:55 PM
ya a state cop really will look for you. i used to have a truck with tinted windows, and a state cop pulled me over, gave me a warning said to take it off, blah blah. went without tint for a couple months and then retinted them, and that night got pulled over, by the same damn cop. gave me a ticket and said if i got pulled over again i would have to go court and explain why i didnt take it off:huh my dad talked to his longtime buddy who is a cop in our town, and he said they cant make you go to court over tint, exhaust etc. with my car i got pulled once and got a ticket, and my dads bud dropped it:D pretty much, if you dont mind dealin with stupid a hole cops, keep it. if not, take it off

kfx400rider03
12-10-2009, 10:31 PM
for the tint if you wear glasses/ contaks i heard you can go to you eye doctor and get a note for that saying the sun when your driving reflects off the windows weird and bother your eyes or something like that

Originally posted by jesseweaver

i thought the new 2010 mustang came with those senquentail tail light but i could be wrong

muddy400EX
12-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by kfx400rider03
for the tint if you wear glasses/ contaks i heard you can go to you eye doctor and get a note for that saying the sun when your driving reflects off the windows weird and bother your eyes or something like that

haha, i should try that^ with contacts it really does make the sun seem twice as bright. or for me it does anyways:confused: