PDA

View Full Version : 2 stroke MX racing in so cal?

ballzdeep38
12-10-2009, 11:04 AM
hey guys. i am looking to race my 250R this coming year. I need to know what MX tracks will allow me to run a 2stroke and what class. any of you guys in So Cal have any info on any 2stroke racing? i might even look into some GNCC stuff if i cant find anything else.

factoryX
12-10-2009, 11:06 AM
lol, almost all racing has stopped in California, There are a couple truck series that have completely bailed from racing there. It also doesn't help that its the worlds capital for 2 stroke haters.

ballzdeep38
12-10-2009, 05:42 PM
damn thats not good news. i figured on the track there would be a little more for 2 strokes than in the GNCC type racing at least.

factoryX
12-10-2009, 08:24 PM
there might be a couple, but Idk.

bill wright
12-12-2009, 09:31 AM
check in with A.M.A , district 38

norcalduner
12-12-2009, 07:42 PM
..... or A.M.A , district 37

Michael88R
12-14-2009, 08:11 AM
Many of the desert racing circuits are open classes. They just go by skill level and age. Look into Best in the desert and Worcs. Worcs is similar to GNCC. Its part mx and part woods or desert depending on the track. I think Worcs has only 3 or 4 races in california, and the others are in arizona, washington, and a few other neighboring states. Also look into glen hellen race track and the ITP quad cross series.

D Bergstrom
12-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Michael88R
Many of the desert racing circuits are open classes. They just go by skill level and age. Look into Best in the desert and Worcs. Worcs is similar to GNCC. Its part mx and part woods or desert depending on the track. I think Worcs has only 3 or 4 races in california, and the others are in arizona, washington, and a few other neighboring states. Also look into glen hellen race track and the ITP quad cross series.

Michael88R is correct, most of the desert series events are "run what you brung" for the quad classes. There only rule is is must be a quad. No cc limits or anything.

I believe the MX tracks around Las Vegas are the same. If they do have a quad class, it is pretty much open, you can race whatever you want. I would imagine most of the tracks in California are the same. Best bet would be to call the MX tracks that are close to you and ask them about their quad classes.

Doug

honda4traxx87
12-14-2009, 10:34 PM
district 38 out in superstition is the s**t ive been racing my 450x out there for quite a while and i love it

bill wright
12-19-2009, 06:40 PM
also check into S.C.O.R.E.,(they run baja 1000 amoung others)& M.D.R.(mojave desert racing). also read about a new series@perris auto speedway,8 race schedule,dont know s**t about it, san gabriel valley tribune newspaper , 12-17-09, sports section column fifth gear.