PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

RedRider08450r
12-10-2009, 11:03 AM
So I just bought a trx450r a 2008 and this is my first sport quad. Ive always been a Dirtbike Motocross guy. Currently my quad is set up for xc with stock suspension. Im thinking about putting the motor back to stock and getting ride of all the skids and stuff does anyone think this stuff is worth ne money. Most if it is in almost mint shape. Also whats a good mx set up to go with. Im not looking to spend a whole lot. But I am a A class dirbike rider so i dont want it to fall apart.

Scro
12-10-2009, 12:09 PM
What is done to the motor? Why are you thinking about going back to stock? Alot of MX guys don't run skids if the track is smooth and without rocks. But will install the belly skids for rougher tracks. Me personally, I wouldn't run without a belly skid. If weight is that much of an issue, buy a poly/plastic skid.

RedRider08450r
12-10-2009, 12:16 PM
I was planning to run the stock skid. It has a full exasut, cam, and air filter. Id much rather just run it stock I dont need that kind of power at this stage of the game. Id rather take the money I get for the parts and put it towards suspension. The stocks 450r's ive rode are good enough for me right now. But the suspension sucks worse than a utility lol.

310ESR
12-10-2009, 04:37 PM
The amount of money that you get back for just those items I would keep the parts and start looking at suppliers that re-valve stock shocks. If you are coming from a dirtbike and putting money to suspension the power need will be next no reason to sell at half and buy back at full. JMO Good Luck:D

RedRider08450r
12-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Ok thanks for that. I really dont like the lrd pipe or hot cam. Id much rather do the hrc kit. Or have baldwin build my engine. But Ill keep the stuff till next season