PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about this car and motor,would it be a good trade?

S.A.J
12-10-2009, 08:45 AM
All right guys ive got a 86 mustang gt heres the add for it:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/1502707655.html

The reason im selling/trading is because its just abit to much work and mainly money id have to spend into it to get it perfect and so i was looking into a turbo car or something.

This guy calls me and is interested in trading for my car because he loves foxbodys and his car in highschool was a 86gt like mine and its been his fav. car since and hes been wanting to build one up,seen mine and he likes it.Heres his add:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/1478740746.html

His aint a turbo but the guy he got it from rebuilt the engine which is a 1.8DOHC B-18 and its got all forged internals built for wat the previous owner said 30psi boost.Its got VOLK 2 piece racing wheels and adjustable coilovers all around.Clutch is starting to go but the guy said if it was a deal breaker he could take car of that.

Sooooo tell me about these cars,do they hold value,easy to build if i wana boost it,etc,etc.Also is the engine a good one?

Thanks in advance Yall.
Jared

S.A.J
12-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Oh and the guy said its an LS if that matters.Sorry im not familiar with imports AT ALL cept for tsi's and gsx's a LITTLE bit.

S.A.J
12-10-2009, 03:59 PM
No ideas?Also anybody know any good forums for a car/engine like this?Ive searched abit but havent come up with anything.

BLU82
12-10-2009, 04:15 PM
I'd go for it. No offense but the integra looks to be in better shape than the mustang. It's really an opinion call though, do you like imports? Your going to get the usual "Why the heck would you trade a mustang for a ricer!?!?!" and "GO FORDDDDDD!!! Hondas suck" responses, so it's really a judgement call on your part. But that is a clean looking teggy

fasterblaster09
12-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by BLU82
I'd go for it. No offense but the integra looks to be in better shape than the mustang. It's really an opinion call though, do you like imports? Your going to get the usual "Why the heck would you trade a mustang for a ricer!?!?!" and "GO FORDDDDDD!!! Hondas suck" responses, so it's really a judgement call on your part. But that is a clean looking teggy

I would probably go for it to be honest, but yeh there will always be them dumb*****es that will have smart remarks

S.A.J
12-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Yeah i know the other is in much better shape than my car and if it wasnt for his sentimental value for this type of car he prolly wouldnt do it.Hes built like 7 or 8 cars firebirds,trans ams,and camaros baisicly but said he wanted to build a foxbody now.I started tellin him about the problems and stuff and he said it didnt really matter cause he owned a shop and he was gona build it anyway so im like okay cool,lol.

Also ive been wanting to get into imports anyway,i was just wanting opinions on wether this was a good car/motor to do that with.

Tommy Warren
12-10-2009, 05:01 PM
sell your dirt bike and put the money into the rustang and blow that honda away!

S.A.J
12-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Id love to but that would prolly just cover the body and paint and i want my car to look good too...Also im 18 i gota start saving like now lol cause im gona get married in a couple years and i dont wana blow all my money in cars and not have squat when i move out.

kfx400rider03
12-10-2009, 07:58 PM
i dont know to much about turboing but i know you need low compresion if you gonna turbo. and you said the preverious owner said the motor is good for 30psi how does the car move with out a turbo then cause the compresion must be pretty low?

but like i said before i dont know much about turboing and how low the compresion or how high the compresion.

S.A.J
12-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Well wether its fast or slow in its current state i dont really care that much as long as i know i can sell it for 3k or more because id be making money then cause i got a good deal on the mustang.
Itd b nice knowing that if i dont wana keep it for myself cause i dont like it that i can turn around sell it and make some money.

I think i'll see if i can make the deal.

If somebody knows more about this motor and boosting it id love to know about it though so if you do please post up,thanks =)

S.A.J
12-11-2009, 08:17 PM
We made a deal to do the trade,he's coming here sunday from arlington which is about 2hrs drive for him and he bought me a new clutch he gona give me.Just thought id update.