PDA

View Full Version : 87 mojave boggs out on hills

croom9
12-09-2009, 07:57 PM
I have an 87 mojave and it doesnt missfire or smoke or anything it idles good, but when you run it up hills it boggs down and doesnt have any power... same goes for trying to pull wheelies or anything else that requires full throttle. It has plenty of compression and I always run mid or high test fuel in it, cleaned the carb and tried some seafoam last tank i put in it. Any ideas, heres a video i made on a trail ride that shows it dieing out... <object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U85IznDSWKo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U85IznDSWKo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

mikecancu812
12-26-2009, 11:35 AM
I think maybe the floats are stickin in your carb. Maybe try cleanin it again. Be careful ridin without your helmet. Don't need to see you "irresponsible atv riders" on the news reports

croom9
12-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by mikecancu812
I think maybe the floats are stickin in your carb. Maybe try cleanin it again. Be careful ridin without your helmet. Don't need to see you "irresponsible atv riders" on the news reports
Actually i swapped the floats out from a parts carb, with no difference, thats what i thought first too, I think it has more to do with the vacum diaphram that these cabs have, since the stock air box is missing (didnt come with the quad lol it came with a uni filter so there is nowhere to hook the line up to on the filter housing and the airboxes are hard to find and almost 100 bucks from the dealer) i think im going to be swapping the whole carb out for the KLR250 enduro bike carb I hear lots of people go that rout...

as for my helmet I usually wear one when im doin crazy stuff, or riding on the road an stuff, but we were more less having a relaxing trailride that day

Tyler01
12-27-2009, 02:44 PM
I relay dont see whats wrong it sounds fine.

croom9
01-02-2010, 02:18 PM
at the top of the hill, it feels dead...it doesnt missfire but it has no power when it is under a heavy load right there is third gear and i tried it in second it did the same thing, it just has no power, like i said there is no missfire anywhere on the throttle and when in neutral it revs up normal, or when you baby the throttle it gets up to speed no problem.

riggsracin
01-10-2010, 05:27 PM
wheres ur head gear? sounds like u dont have very many rpms? you need to down shift

stuntin andy
01-12-2010, 12:05 PM
i was thinkin thee same thing lol

croom9
01-12-2010, 01:04 PM
thats only 3rd gear, and second gear would have been too slow, trust me i do know how to operate a manual transmission im not a putz

riggsracin
01-12-2010, 06:12 PM
take a video and let me hear u hit the limiter in second , then we will see if its too slow