PDA

View Full Version : banshee help

flyboy450r
12-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Ran across a guy with a 96 banshee for sale. In ok to rough shape. Needs new cylinders and a top end. Is it worth 500 bucks. I wanna get it into running shape fix it up a little but and maybe new plastics and rubber. Any idea what it will cost and what ill have to do to get it running

tyleroar
12-09-2009, 04:58 PM
check the cases for chain slaps cracks check the frame for bends check the foot peg area for the threads being stripped if that is ok then it would be to me if the main frame is not banged up if you are trying to build this to make money i don't think you will if you want to make it fast for you it'll be great cause you'll be changing all that anyway i have a set a stock cylinders you can have if you'll just pay the shipping i have a plus 4 with 250r style carrier ill sell for 125 plus who ever buys it ,pays to ship carrier not included

flyboy450r
12-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Im interested in the cylinders do they need to be bored or anything?

tyleroar
12-09-2009, 05:38 PM
it would be good you'll have to judge that i can remember if i ever used these ones lol but let me double check for sure you can also resleve them they have never been ported so they are not screwed up a re-sleeve would be the worst case

flyboy450r
12-10-2009, 07:05 AM
Ok sounds great the guy says of his banshee im looking at you cant resleeve them he says they are wealed in. Is that correct

tyleroar
12-10-2009, 11:07 AM
supperior sleeve should answer any of your Q's. i dont think it sounds right. sleeves are pressed in should be held in by either an o-ring or something similar. stock sleeves are steel stock cylinders are alluminum i dont think they are welded in but any way unless he jacked up the porting job, or a crank came apart and knocked holes in it, you can fix it