PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a larger carb

86 Quad R
12-09-2009, 03:15 PM
i'm wanting to put a larger 34mm carb on my project blaster and retain the stock air box setup but it doesnt seem doable. anyone manage to pull this off. i appreciate your inputs. :cool:

thanks in advance

liljhall09
12-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Just letting you know if your gonna put a bigger carb the u want a bigger airbox. If u try to run a stock airbox the carb isnt going to help at all. I ran a 35mm stryker carb with a aluminum airbox and 250r air filter

jetta75
12-27-2009, 12:07 PM
I run a rubber plumbing adapter from carb to if I remember right 2" OD PVC tube that is clamped to the cut air tube. I ground down the ends of the pipe for better airflow and put some silicone when installing the PVC tube. Were I clamped the PVC into the airtube I cut the ribs on the outside flush were the clamp was to keep it in place.
I am running a 28mm and it is 10x's easier than stretching the stock tube over the 28mm carb. I have had the same setup on a 34PJ before so I know it will work.

headache
12-27-2009, 04:58 PM
jetta75 said it right. I done the same thing. I hooked a rubber 2" connector from the carb to to 45 degree elbow. then run more pvc pipe up under the seat to a 4" long uni filter. It worked great and was up and out of the way of mud and water. Youll prob have to do some grinding and cussing and modifying everything before your done but its worth it. I was running a 35TM Mikuni carb on a 240bb motor. heres a pic of it

jetta75
12-27-2009, 05:51 PM
I use the stock style uni filter and stock intake tube just 5 or so inches are cut off. I have to be somewhat water proof too and like headache a clamp-on won't cut it. I'll see if I have a pic on my computer. Blaster isn't here right now.

headache
12-27-2009, 07:28 PM
i even ended up making a plate that bolted to the holes that held the stock intake boot that kinda wrapped around the shock under the air filter to keep any water from splashing up on the filter from the bottom side...