PDA

View Full Version : computer help

k4f5x0r
12-09-2009, 10:57 AM
No idea whats wrong with this peice of junk.

Woke up this morning to see that my computer restarted itself sometime in the night, occasionally it does this to update itself.

When i try to open my itunes, it wont open. I try to open AIM, it wont open. I can open internet fine(clearly) and select other stuff, but some programs just wont open and i have no idea why.

help? :mad:

elite ATV1
12-09-2009, 11:18 AM
When was the last time you did a system restore? some times the updates for windows dont always cooperate with the programs that you have.... what OS are you running?

k4f5x0r
12-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Im still running XP since i hate Vista and have no reason to update to windows 7.

and the last time i did system restore.. a while back when i messed something on my computer up.. maybe ill try that now.

elite ATV1
12-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Im running XP pro. i also hate vista lol

but before you restore make sure you save all the files you dont wanna loose to an external hard drive or another hard drive inside the computer.

Scottt89
12-09-2009, 12:13 PM
What does it say when you try to open them?

k4f5x0r
12-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Well when I restarted it it went straight to restore and now that's all I can do. I had nothing too important on there. I can get my music off my itouch and I didn't have any projects I was working on. I'm going to have to restore it tomorow. Really wishing I had a mac, I'm sick of all the troubles pc's have given me.

TNT
12-09-2009, 11:28 PM
sounds like a virus I'd run an updated antivirus program if you can.

If you can get to your task manager window by doing an alt-ctrl-delete after closing all apps and see your performace graph if there are big spikes thats an indication of a virus running in the background. Then if so go to "processes" and look up each one in the list on the internet by google to see if it's a virus. Most of the virus sites will give you instuction how to delete the virus.

Scottt89
12-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Try booting to safemode. Turn your PC on and as soon as the monitor comes up hit F8 a bunch of times. Go into safemode with networking and see if you can get your system to run. If so, then you def have a virus. From here you can run your AV program and clear some stuff up. Malwarebytes.org has a free malware scanner.