PDA

View Full Version : Wow..... just wow.

Nac's22
12-09-2009, 10:28 AM
While this story has a happy ending it really shows how selfish and pathedic some people in this country are. The man is a veteran come one people. Sorry it pissed me off just knowing people have this much desrespect.

http://news.aol.com/article/world-war-ii-veteran-van-t-barfoot-can/799470?icid=main

trxredrider
12-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Yeah, this shouldn't have even been an issue in the first place...

Nac's22
12-09-2009, 10:47 AM
No it shouldn't have. The man put his life on the line for our country and has won multiple honorary medals and yet this is the thanks that other citizens give him.

fastredrider44
12-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by trxredrider
Yeah, this shouldn't have even been an issue in the first place...

x2

fasterblaster09
12-09-2009, 10:56 AM
why does this not surprise me :ermm:

ben300
12-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
why does this not surprise me :ermm:

cause anti-american liberals are cooks

cmaxx
12-09-2009, 11:26 AM
That is so stupid,anyone should be aloud to fly flag in there yard anywhere they want,i mean after all they do own the place.

derekhonda
12-09-2009, 03:21 PM
HOA boards think they are kings, there are things like this throughout the country. I just bought a house in a neighborhood that has an HOA, and they laid like a 24 page rulebook in my mailbox the day I moved in. I have to get permission before I do any exterior modification to my house, which includes: Painting, new roof, deck, staining a deck, putting up a mini barn, fence, staining/painting said fence/deck, planting a tree, putting in landscaping besides mulch, satellite dish on my roof, etc.

Then for the kicker. When they sent me my second notice telling me I had 15 days to pay my $185.00 to belong to the HOA (+ the $100.00 Application fee...$285.00) before they turned me over to their lawyers. I told them I would cut a check on the spot, but I asked for 3 years of print outs for their past expenses. I was amazed.

There are 100 houses at $185.00.

That equals 18,500.00

They pay $8,000.00 for a lawyer per year to be on retainer, so they can sue people who don't pay their $185.00.

They had over $1500.00 in Postage, so they can mail out their first notice to pay, second notice, third notice, and finally their bull**** newsletter that said someone replaced a lightbulb in the neighborhood sign. Keep in mind, all of these houses are no more than 100 feet apart, guess instead of spending $84.00 in postage they "could" walk the neighborhood once and place each letter in the mailboxes, but apparently that makes too much sense.

All in all, this is getting long, HOA's are a crock of ****. The remaining money was spent on miscellaneous mowing of ditches and keeping the retention pond sparkling (which ironically the president of the HOA lives on, hmmm)

I think I'm gonna run next year and promise free health care to the neighborhood...

fastredrider44
12-09-2009, 04:34 PM
HOA, sounds like a joke. Glad I live in the sticks.

slightlybent47
12-09-2009, 04:54 PM
HOA communities are designed to keep people from doing things that degrade the community. He knew the rules when he bought in that community and that’s there rule. I don’t agree with it and think he should be allowed to fly the flag. But if he wanted to fly the flag on a poll he should have checked the rules before he bought his house in a community that doesn’t allow the erection of a flag poll. There not saying he can’t fly the flag, there saying it just can’t be on a freestanding poll. Which is stupid, what’s the deference between a vertical poll and a poll mounted on the side of the house.

If he bought the house before the HOA was organized then he should be grandfathered in and allowed to fly his flag in what ever manner he sees fit.

Come on HOA people can’t you guys find something else worth fighting about.
Let the man show his pride for his country, he earned it.

yellowzo3
12-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
HOA boards think they are kings, there are things like this throughout the country. I just bought a house in a neighborhood that has an HOA, and they laid like a 24 page rulebook in my mailbox the day I moved in. I have to get permission before I do any exterior modification to my house, which includes: Painting, new roof, deck, staining a deck, putting up a mini barn, fence, staining/painting said fence/deck, planting a tree, putting in landscaping besides mulch, satellite dish on my roof, etc.

Then for the kicker. When they sent me my second notice telling me I had 15 days to pay my $185.00 to belong to the HOA (+ the $100.00 Application fee...$285.00) before they turned me over to their lawyers. I told them I would cut a check on the spot, but I asked for 3 years of print outs for their past expenses. I was amazed.

There are 100 houses at $185.00.

That equals 18,500.00

They pay $8,000.00 for a lawyer per year to be on retainer, so they can sue people who don't pay their $185.00.

They had over $1500.00 in Postage, so they can mail out their first notice to pay, second notice, third notice, and finally their bull**** newsletter that said someone replaced a lightbulb in the neighborhood sign. Keep in mind, all of these houses are no more than 100 feet apart, guess instead of spending $84.00 in postage they "could" walk the neighborhood once and place each letter in the mailboxes, but apparently that makes too much sense.

All in all, this is getting long, HOA's are a crock of ****. The remaining money was spent on miscellaneous mowing of ditches and keeping the retention pond sparkling (which ironically the president of the HOA lives on, hmmm)

I think I'm gonna run next year and promise free health care to the neighborhood...

I hate HOA's and on a few forums I'm on there are Home Improvement sections and such and NO ONE likes them.

But just so you know, its illegal for anyone besides the mailman to put anything in your mailbox. Thats why the chinese takeout places and stuff have to hang things on your front door.

rodeo#11
12-10-2009, 03:56 PM
This is flat out ridiculous there shouldn't of even been a issue with this man flying his flag! He fought for the right for them to even have a HOA. And in return them attack the poor man! Shows what some people are really like right there.. If i was that dude i would of just said try to sue me.. see what american judge is gonna allow charge him... ridiculous..

MX450
12-10-2009, 06:45 PM
I hate HOAs, probly invented by liberals

alex10
12-10-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm so glad I live in the sticks. HOA's can pack sand for all I care.