PDA

View Full Version : Racing The Etons

TODD T
12-09-2009, 08:54 AM
DOES ANYONE ELSE ON HERE RACE THE ETON VIPER ANYMORE OR AM I THE ONLY ONE LEFT THATS NOT NOT GONE TO APEX OR DRR ?

nastynotchback1
12-09-2009, 02:54 PM
we still race a 70 but i am building a drr from scratch.we are doing really well on the e-ton.second in points in the local series

12-09-2009, 06:05 PM
There is nothing wrong with a E-ton. Great bikes!!

nastynotchback1
12-10-2009, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by tgcheeseman
There is nothing wrong with a E-ton. Great bikes!!

The only thing wrong is the single a-arm.

sand45
12-10-2009, 11:13 PM
we are still racing one!!!!! You are not alone.......

lon
12-12-2009, 02:27 AM
We have a 03 Viper 90 that my daughter races every now and again. Can you get dual a-arms for them?
Lonnie

nastynotchback1
12-12-2009, 08:28 AM
dc makes a conversion kit but it's expensive

lon
12-13-2009, 06:40 PM
single it is then. lol

mini racer #39
12-13-2009, 10:37 PM
quaderfina also makes a single to dual kit that is very nice for the eton and its not that expensive because their not in demand anymore hope this helps
jerry (still a eton owner )

:D :D

lon
12-14-2009, 05:03 AM
Thanks for the info

nastynotchback1
12-14-2009, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by mini racer #39
quaderfina also makes a single to dual kit that is very nice for the eton and its not that expensive because their not in demand anymore hope this helps
jerry (still a eton owner )
:D :D

Got a website?

mini racer #39
12-14-2009, 06:44 AM
cycle imports i think

hasbeenttduner
12-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Aarms
"Fit all Armstrong frame quads.Unison, E-ton, Polaris, etc."
Will these also fit a Kymco Mongoose 90?

nastynotchback1
12-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by hasbeenttduner
Aarms
"Fit all Armstrong frame quads.Unison, E-ton, Polaris, etc."
Will these also fit a Kymco Mongoose 90?

Does that mean you have to buy the dual conversion kit and the arms also or do they come in the kit?your talking 1050.00 if they don't come with the kit.

hasbeenttduner
12-17-2009, 01:13 PM
I was posting a question about the single aarm kit that they sell on that site that got posted for you.I was just wanting to know if it would also fit a Kymco mongoose 90.

mini racer #39
12-17-2009, 01:26 PM
im not sure on a kymco only on the eton
and armstrong

mini racer #39
12-17-2009, 01:29 PM
try fisher for kymco he did Jessie skvericks national bikes

12-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Yes they will also fit the Kymco. Same as the Polaris style a arms. All of them have the same frame. The will work on Eton, Polaris, Kymco, Adly, Dinli, I hope this helps ya out. Ive sold singles for all machines and all of them fit on all above mentioned.

hasbeenttduner
12-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Thank you sir.It is good to know that all of those frames are the same and this info will also help nasty.

nastynotchback1
12-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by hasbeenttduner
Thank you sir.It is good to know that all of those frames are the same and this info will also help nasty.

thats what i need but dang 1050.00 to convert.I am already building a drr for next year but was gonna convert this e-ton we racing now and let him ride both but it ain't worth spending that much on it.

mini racer #39
12-17-2009, 09:27 PM
call for a price dont go off web site

nastynotchback1
12-18-2009, 06:27 AM
call for a price dont go off web site

will do.thanks

12-24-2009, 12:28 PM
I know where a set of bolt on duals and PEP shocks are for sale that would fit right on your quad for less than anyone else is with the shocks spindels and all. Pm me if your interested.:D :D :D

etccb
01-25-2010, 01:29 PM
cycle imports i think

That website I found for them last month is no longer working.

lon
02-17-2011, 06:42 AM
still trying to find a used or cheap set of dual a-arms. can anyone help me

fastrnrik
02-17-2011, 05:05 PM
I have DC dual a arm kit. It's on a Kasea now, but should fit the Eton as well. It's got all brackets, arms, spindles, brakes/hubs.
Have the Elka remote resi shocks for it too.
$800 for the whole front end with shocks.

I've also got a set of +2 single a arms & Elka shocks that go with them if you're interested

lon
02-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks but thats a little more than i can afford right now. Would u be interested in selling just the dual a-arms. Also i have a set of 3+2 a-arms would u be interested in trading your +2 for them.
Thanks,
Lonnie

fastrnrik
02-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Yeah I'd sell just the dual a arm kit

nastynotchback1
02-18-2011, 06:46 AM
The DC standard travel dual arm kit off a Kasea will not fit on the E-ton with out modifying the e-ton frame.The e-ton frame is different in the front.Would require cutting and welding some bars and brackets.

lon
02-18-2011, 07:57 AM
if thats true then im gonna have to pass, if i cut and welded my frame im afraid i would never get it back together again lol. I'd like something thats bolt on and go. thanks for the offer though
Lonnie

nastynotchback1
02-18-2011, 01:50 PM
been there done it.it's true but you can pick-up a kasea frame for around 100.00 and then everything else off the e-ton will fit with no mods on the kasea frame except the plastic but thats just a few tabs welded on and then they will fit.

fastrnrik
02-18-2011, 03:05 PM
I think you are thinking of a different style dual a arm kit. I'm not sure what cutting & welding would be required? The kit I have has billet mounts that bolts into the bottom a arm mounts. Both top & bottom a arms mount in this clamp. I have an Eton frame here. I'm going to do some measuring.
Also, I bought the kit from another member on here as a DC kit. It could be a Hetrick kit? It's a cool setup, but my kid NEVER rides the Kasea anymore, just the DRR's. Kids! LOL

nastynotchback1
02-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by fastrnrik
I think you are thinking of a different style dual a arm kit. I'm not sure what cutting & welding would be required? The kit I have has billet mounts that bolts into the bottom a arm mounts. Both top & bottom a arms mount in this clamp. I have an Eton frame here. I'm going to do some measuring.
Also, I bought the kit from another member on here as a DC kit. It could be a Hetrick kit? It's a cool setup, but my kid NEVER rides the Kasea anymore, just the DRR's. Kids! LOL

I have the same set-up on our back-up bike.The hetrick kit is the DC kit.Dave Carter made those for Hetrick.It will not directly bolt on.Not trying to kill your sell but i went through this already and thats how i ended up with a kasea.

fastrnrik
02-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by nastynotchback1
I have the same set-up on our back-up bike.The hetrick kit is the DC kit.Dave Carter made those for Hetrick.It will not directly bolt on.Not trying to kill your sell but i went through this already and thats how i ended up with a kasea.

No worries on the sale. I really had no intention of selling it until I seen the guys post. I wouldn't want to sell something to someone that wouldn't work right anyway. I've bought plenty of parts that were "supposed" to work and didn't. It sucks. LOL

nastynotchback1
02-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by fastrnrik
No worries on the sale. I really had no intention of selling it until I seen the guys post. I wouldn't want to sell something to someone that wouldn't work right anyway. I've bought plenty of parts that were "supposed" to work and didn't. It sucks. LOL

you and me both

lon
02-23-2011, 05:40 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the offer and the info. What I'm really looking for is something that I can bolt on and go. I don't have to have dual a-arms, single would be fine but if I go single they need to be at least +2. I have 3+2 right now and the problem I'm having with them is that they hit the frame and don't allow hardly any up travel.
Thanks,
Lonnie

nastynotchback1
02-23-2011, 06:14 AM
Your probably gonna have to buy new and the singles are not to expensive.The duals i doubt you will ever find new.

if you were to buy his kasea stuff and buy a frame you will be very happy with it.Ours corners like you would not believe.

lon
02-23-2011, 08:14 AM
ty

xtremeatv
02-23-2011, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by lon
Hey guys, thanks for the offer and the info. What I'm really looking for is something that I can bolt on and go. I don't have to have dual a-arms, single would be fine but if I go single they need to be at least +2. I have 3+2 right now and the problem I'm having with them is that they hit the frame and don't allow hardly any up travel.
Thanks,
Lonnie

I know what your talking about there, been there. Your probably gonna have the same problem no matter what arms you put on that thing unless you find a set that was specifically made for the eton. The dual arm kit like the one DC made was even worse, you could only get like and inch or two of travel before it bound up on the frame rail. Easy to fix if you dont mind using a bit of heat and putting a flat spot on the frame rail.

lon
02-24-2011, 02:53 PM
I don't have a problem adjusting the frame, I just thought it would weaken it to much but it sounds like a lot of e-ton owners have done it. I only have one of those screw on type butane torches, will that be enough heat to do the job.

xtremeatv
02-24-2011, 05:25 PM
I have a set of extended arms off of a viper 70 that dont seem to have clearance issues. At least not on the 90 frame im trying to bolt them on too. However i notice the shock mounts dont line up quite right, i would have to bend them over a little to get it to work. Not sure if there was a difference between the 70 and 90, you wouldnt think so but must be.

If you already have widened arms i might be willing to just swap em if you want, i dont mind bending up this frame, its just gonna be a beater quad for us anyway.

lon
02-25-2011, 05:59 AM
thanks for the offer, i think im going to try and adjust the frame instead.
Lonnie

Doug10
03-31-2011, 05:30 PM
Hey Cheese, if you still have that frontend for sale please email me.

fdougg@yahoo.com

nastynotchback1
03-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Doug10
Hey Cheese, if you still have that frontend for sale please email me.

fdougg@yahoo.com

he is not on this site anymore.anyway i own those parts he had listed.