PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Can-am X contingency

TNT
12-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Nice, good news! :D I just wonder if it's not for existing owners? Form says you have to be a "member", I take that to mean have a racer id #.

http://www.can-am.brp.com/NR/rdonlyres/46270842-19DE-4D0E-85DE-A1E8FAAD33B7/0/2010_ATV_Contingency_Schedule_20091207.pdf

comander420
12-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Well that sucks they pay less for my semi local series than they did last year. Now I'd have to win first to pay what 3rd paid last year.

bugmenot2
12-09-2009, 07:07 AM
Where does it say anything about being a "member"?

"Racers who meet the terms of the contingency program will receive a cash payout in the amount earned based on his or her placing in the event, with payment mailed directly to the participant or legal guardian."

Seems to me that all you have to do is race a Can-Am and place in the top 3 of the series? The 2009 claim form listed eligible machines all the way back to 2007.

protraxCRF90
12-09-2009, 07:40 AM
the contingency is for anyone with a registered unit, you do not have to be a memeber of the x-team or anything else. Simply fill out the forms off the internet, send them in, and wait for your check in the mail.

TNT
12-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Ok got it, thx....

TNT
12-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by protraxCRF90
the contingency is for anyone with a registered unit, you do not have to be a memeber of the x-team or anything else. Simply fill out the forms off the internet, send them in, and wait for your check in the mail.

Where is that quote from I can't find it anywhere :confused:

protraxCRF90
12-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Not copy and pasted from anywhere, I have spoken with Del Bohlman and confirmed

jasonjonesjj
12-09-2009, 07:22 PM
What if you bought a used DS and it isnt registered with BRP?

TNT
12-09-2009, 08:21 PM
I take it then anyone can apply for the 2010 racer support program including 2007 -2010 owners too or must they be registered original sales owners?

protraxCRF90
12-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Anyone can register, both new and used buyers

kellymi
12-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by protraxCRF90
Anyone can register, both new and used buyers

Let me see if I got this correct.

2010 Contingency Program:
For anyone who owns a Can-Am and races in those series/classes that Can-Am has listed.

Amateur Racing Support:
For racers buying a new DS 450. Have to be approved by the application form. Current owners can not be accepted.

Is this correct?

dblbkb
12-10-2009, 05:58 AM
Yes that is correct.

protraxCRF90
12-10-2009, 06:33 AM
You got it! Contingency is for everyone! X-team is for people buying a new atv whether it is 08, 09, or 2010.

bugmenot2
12-10-2009, 06:51 AM
If you get a used unit from someone, make sure to transfer the registration with BRP to your name, though. It can be done at any dealership.

TNT
12-10-2009, 01:57 PM
I suggest clarifing all this on the website when you all update it, I was easily confussed by the current info available,

The 09 continency form signiture block states,

“I CERTIFY THAT ALL OF THE FACTS - INCLUDING MY MEMBERSHIP AND VEHICLE LISTED ARE CORRECT, AND THAT FALSIFICATION MAY SUBJECT ME TO LEGAL ACTION.”

I interpreted that mean your signature certifies your x- team membership which required approval, also the title on the form is “x team contingency program” and the x-team membership form says you have access to the contingency program as a “member”. There is no registration # on the form, just a VIN #, maybe they are one and the same?

I take it the dealers will be informed about all this and have a form to transfer registration for those that purchased used 07 and on quads. I think it is important to have all this info clear on the website so registered racers can point dealers to it that do not understand how these programs work and relate.

Also I am assuming this below will not be the case for 2010 and American addresses will be accepted,

“Contingency payouts will only be issued to riders with a valid Canadian mailing address.”

Also assuming you can win contingency in multiple classes.

None the less, great news great program thank you for your 2010 support, you should see our DS on the AMA- A/16-24 podium next season,

TNT :D

Terry N Trever
09 DS450 MX

LTRracer4
12-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by TNT

None the less, great news great program thank you for your 2010 support, you should see our DS on the AMA- A/16-24 podium next season,

TNT :D

Terry N Trever
09 DS450 MX

Not if i can help it! :devil:

blaster99
12-11-2009, 03:28 PM
TNT, you can collect in multiple classes, but it has to be on different quads.

LTRracer4
12-13-2009, 09:29 AM
you cant run contingency in three A classes on the same quad?:confused:

blaster99
12-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by LTRracer4
you cant run contingency in three A classes on the same quad?:confused:

No you can't. If you read the terms and conditions of the contingency, they changed it for this year. You would need 3 quads to collect in all of those classes...

LTRracer4
12-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Well what if i run three classes every other weekend at the nats but each weekend i only podium in one class? do i have to lock into one class or can i leave it open untill i see my results for the weekend?

TNT
12-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Can-am -
In cases of dual sanctioned events, the rider will be paid for one event only.
➤ Contingency awards will be paid based on the rider’s best overall finish in one class, per registered unit, per event. Contingency will not be paid for multiple classes at the same event with the same machine.
➤ A minimum of five (5) riders in a class (in any event) must compete and finish race

In all matters relating to the interpretation or application of any guideline or condition of this program, the decision of Can-Am shall be final.
➤ BRP has the right to cancel or modify this program at any time, without prior notice.

TNT - I take that to mean you can run multiple classes on one quad but will only be awarded for your best overall. For example, if you ran Open and Production A with the following weekend results, Open 2nd , Production 3rd, we collect Open not Production and visa-versa. If our overall at the end of the season was better in Production we collect that award and visa-versa. To collect in both classes same weekend/year end award we’d have to run two separate registered quads.

The clause for Can-am to deviate from this means if your winning both classes consistently all season and podium a Can-am dual championships they can decide to award you for both or not. IF your putting the Can on the podium in two 2010 AMA Championships for example, I bet that puts a BIG smile on thier face! :D

Nice job clarifying the forms and site, mucho better! :D

ScottB125
12-15-2009, 09:07 AM
With alot of the other manufacturers dropping their support of quads, its good to see Can-Am sticking with it and at least giving something back.

You wonder how they do it? Honda, they sell alot more bikes and should have more to give, but they don't do jack! Greed. Its nice to see a company give back.

blaster99
12-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by ScottB125
With alot of the other manufacturers dropping their support of quads, its good to see Can-Am sticking with it and at least giving something back.

You wonder how they do it? Honda, they sell alot more bikes and should have more to give, but they don't do jack! Greed. Its nice to see a company give back.

That's why you should support the ones who support you!