PDA

View Full Version : even trade or what?

fasterblaster09
12-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Well I have this --http://lafayette.craigslist.org/mcy/1477940176.html
Some guy offered to trade for an 03 yz125 (stock). Looks good from pics. I been wanting to try a dirtbike for some time now. I dont really ride my 400ex except for wheelying through the yard once a week. I talked him into throwing in the following :$300, an 1800watt audiobahn class d amp, and a 12" solobaric l7 sub. does this sound good? also I am having trouble with it, I cant get it to start, solenoid just clicks. It has to be push started. He said he will take it like that. let me know what yall think? thanks, neil

fasterblaster09
12-08-2009, 07:00 PM
now yall don't hurt yallselves trying to answer so fast :o

J.Brown121
12-08-2009, 07:01 PM
how big are you?

fasterblaster09
12-08-2009, 07:08 PM
5'11? 175lbs

J.Brown121
12-08-2009, 07:13 PM
i don't know that you'd be happy with the power of the 125. i had a yz250 for a couple months and and it was awesome, but i had to get rid of it. if i were you i'd hold out for a 250 2-stroke of 4-stroke

tri5ron
12-08-2009, 07:46 PM
you'll get bored with that 125 faster than you think, then you'll be looking to sell it and lucky to get much over 1k for it.

no way I'd even consider the trade.
remember, there's a reason he wants to get rid of it.
And my bets are that it has alot to do with wanting more power.

He's even willing to throw in cash, and other equipment too ???
What's that tell you ???

Keep the quad, save your cash, buy a bigger bike, keep them both for a season, then decide which one is more desireable.

yfzrider310
12-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Dont do it. Make the 400ex run good then try and trade it.

Someone wanted to trade a 2001 cr250 that was mint for my 2003 blaster. It was all good then the blaster blew up like a day before the trade. idk why but the guy didn't want to trade anymore lol.

banker30
12-08-2009, 09:16 PM
well ill put it this way... the bike...$300..that amp is about $200 or more new and the sub is like $400 new...so look at it that way i guess

ricksmx865
12-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by banker30
well ill put it this way... the bike...$300..that amp is about $200 or more new and the sub is like $400 new...so look at it that way i guess

And if his electrical for them subs was not done properly that perdy sub and amp could be close to death, rendering them useless.

For me, no deal.

Save your money and look for a decent bike before you get rid of the quad (if you can)

bikes arent for everyone.

mxpimp2000
12-08-2009, 11:18 PM
no deal. stereo equipment used is something u dont want to mess with, he could be trading all fried stuff and you wont knw until you get home and he says it wasnt like that when i had it blah blah blah then u have no proof and stuck with a 125 that may be on its last leg also chances are its stock and never been rebuilt or anything and been rode to death.

TRXman86
12-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
no deal. stereo equipment used is something u dont want to mess with, he could be trading all fried stuff and you wont knw until you get home and he says it wasnt like that when i had it blah blah blah then u have no proof and stuck with a 125 that may be on its last leg also chances are its stock and never been rebuilt or anything and been rode to death.

I agree...110%

chevys&honda$
12-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
5'11? 175lbs

you'd get bored fast..

fasterblaster09
12-09-2009, 05:21 AM
The main thing I was worried about was if it would pull me around. See I dont go race, and I dont go ride anywhere. I just put put around the yard. I buy and sell bikes to make money. And I play around with them in my small yard (2 acres) until it sells. So I won't have it for long. Even if it sells for $1000, then I already have my money back. I already have the speaker sold (well traded for shotgun), and I have the amp sold already, so im not worried them being on their last leg lol. thanks, neil

mxpimp2000
12-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
The main thing I was worried about was if it would pull me around. See I dont go race, and I dont go ride anywhere. I just put put around the yard. I buy and sell bikes to make money. And I play around with them in my small yard (2 acres) until it sells. So I won't have it for long. Even if it sells for $1000, then I already have my money back. I already have the speaker sold (well traded for shotgun), and I have the amp sold already, so im not worried them being on their last leg lol. thanks, neil

only thing u gotta worry about is gettin the stuff and u have it sold to someone and they hook it up and bam it dont work. then they wanna kick some A** lol.

now the bike you dont have to race it or ride it hard for a rod bearing to seize up or clutches to be burn out, once you ride it and get it warmed up it could just lay down and die on ya. another thing check the fork seals if the jumped it alot or tied it down to the tire hit tha fender when they hauled it then u can bust the seals easy

fasterblaster09
12-09-2009, 12:12 PM
I will have it hooked up to be sure it works first. will I be able to tell if the fork seals are bad? what are other things to look for on dirtbikes?

mxpimp2000
12-09-2009, 12:26 PM
yeh when the seals are bad theres fluid all over them and u can push up and down on the front forks they will feel really weak and rebound pretty fast they wont be smooth because the fluids have leaked out, if you ride it then ud really be able to tell cause the front suspension will be really jumpy and weak esp if you ride it over any bumps.

you can check the chain to see if its stretched if theres no more adjustment left on the swinger, also the sprockets for wear. my cousin bought a 01 dirtbike and it was all original never had anything changed on it from factory but a pipe after he bought it everything started needing replaced. after all said and done he had to rebuild the motor bottom to top everything from rod and rod bearings to reeds and clutches. now he got that all fixed the fork seals leak.

its up to you on if u trade, u asked for opinions and thats what we are giving you from our experiences we learn

pics of both would help our suggestions