PDA

View Full Version : Painting a seat?

HiperEX
01-18-2003, 07:54 PM
has anyone ever done it im thinkin about painting mine black
my cousin did it before on his big bear bought some fabric the same as the seat cover and pianted it black but after time it wears off

NTPRacing#19
01-18-2003, 08:23 PM
that wouldnt look clean my opinion

Glamis400ex
01-18-2003, 08:35 PM
buy a new cover man....jeez, they're cheap...:huh

Glamis

redrider ex
01-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Im sorry man but thats about the dumbest thing i've ever heard

wheeltrax
01-18-2003, 11:01 PM
:confused: :rolleyes:

OutlawEX
01-19-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by redrider ex
Im sorry man but thats about the dumbest thing i've ever heard

Lmfao i agree..the paint will wear off:rolleyes:

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-19-2003, 01:20 AM
Might as well give the tires a coat of paint too while your at it :rolleyes:

quadridermx
01-19-2003, 08:36 PM
Haha, it sounds like a real dumb idea, but for like $3 you can buy "vinyl paint".

It doesnt seem like it would wear very well, but for some reason it does. A friend painted his red seat black and he's gone for about 5 rides and there's still not any hint of it wearing off.

If you use regular paint it will crack and fall off the instant you sit on it, but that vinyl paint actually worked pretty good. Sure beats spending $50 on a new seat cover..

d-14 rider 27
01-19-2003, 09:37 PM
its not that dumb of an idea, just use the vinyl paint, its actually more like a dye, it will wear off , but then just touch it up, $50 dollar seat cover, or $5 can of vinyl dye? maybe it will look like red vein pc when it wears a lil bit :D haha.

01-19-2003, 09:44 PM
are u british or just plain ****in yo sister dumb

Fender Bender
01-19-2003, 09:50 PM
MAN guys, give him a break, he just wanted help, and if you dont like the idea, then stay away from the thread.

I know a guy that put a flame job on his seat, he just called the paint "rawhide" whatever that is:macho

d-14 rider 27
01-19-2003, 09:52 PM
maybe he cant see shelling out that kind of money for an ***** holder, he asked if you could paint the seat, take it easy on him, **** i was gonna do the same thing but my sponsor hooked me up

HiperEX
01-20-2003, 03:22 PM
yeah no chit ya guys all i was asking if you could paint the seat i know you could but just wondering if anyone has done it because im saving up for some new plastics so i was just asking not to have everyone say that is such a dumb idea

Str8Wicked
01-21-2003, 09:39 AM
OK they do make vinal paint for automotive seats but it does not work unless the area you paint is not used a lot. I used to use interior paint on one of my show cars and it lasted forever on parts. Of coarse those parts were not parts you sat on and were hard vinyl which I sanded down before.

You gotta be a nut job to think the seat will look goood thou... I've heard of riggin up some ghetto quads before but a vinyl painted seat...... yuck...

Nuthin personal....

P.S. BUY A NEW SEAT COVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sparks425Ex
01-21-2003, 09:46 AM
I wouldn;t think it would be a good Idea.

Wear off all over your pants and look crappie after a while.

Ewww. Just go buy a new one.

Ryan
01-21-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Fender Bender
MAN guys, give him a break, he just wanted help, and if you dont like the idea, then stay away from the thread.

I know a guy that put a flame job on his seat, he just called the paint "rawhide" whatever that is:macho

I agree...:)

If its a real nice seat I would just get a new seat cover without ruining it or anything. My friend spray painted his seat on his snowmobile which was beat up to began with, It turned out pretty good. Its not the best idea but for if its already looking bad then it won't hurt to do paint it.

Im gonna have to agree with everyone else though. Just leave the seat and save up some money untill you can get a seat cover....