PDA

View Full Version : opinion on works shocks

z400bs
12-08-2009, 10:59 AM
what are your opinions on works shocks for somebody that has no money? is it worth it?

Scro
12-08-2009, 11:01 AM
I would have your stock shocks revalved before going with works. They will be closer to your weight and riding style, and probably be cheaper.

Flynbryan19
12-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Not worth it. Rebuilds are MUCH better for the money. Give Laz at GT Thunder a call. They do great work and can set your quad up much better than works shocks will.

z400bs
12-08-2009, 11:07 AM
yeah ive been looking into gt thunder tooo. do you just give them a call and all the info they need?

Flynbryan19
12-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by z400bs
yeah ive been looking into gt thunder tooo. do you just give them a call and all the info they need?

Yes. He will require you to take two measurements, tell him what size tires your running, and what suspension components your running. For example if your running stock arms or Housers. A few minutes of your time and a tape measure will have you riding on a MUCH better suspended machine. ;)

bradley300
12-08-2009, 12:08 PM
they are great shocks for the money, and will make a noticable improvement over the stockers.

on the other hand, the higher tier shocks like Elka, Axis, HLS are an equal improvement over the Works as the Works are to the stockers.

The other thing to consider that someone mentioned are stock rebuilds. They are the best bang for the buck and a middle ground between Works and the higher tiers, but probably leans closer to the higher teir shocks. obviously tho, not all shocks can be rebuilt.

My vote? if you are on a budget, go with the rebuilds if your shocks can be rebuilt, if not, you will be happy with the works.

mysticfalcon
12-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Id definitely get your stockers redone. My Jet Motorsports revalve works way better than the stock shock and it works way better than the works I had replaced the stocker with. Id skip the middle step and go straight to what works and what works isnt works.

z400bs
12-08-2009, 05:37 PM
yeah im defently on a budget(highschooler making a little more than minimum wage) haha, but on the track, my stockers arent working for me. so im going to consider gt thunder once i get the money for it.

headache
12-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by mysticfalcon
Id skip the middle step and go straight to what works and what works isnt works.

Thats alot of works in one sentence! I'm with mystic on this. Send your stockers out and get the dual or triple rate spring set and revalve from Gt Thunder and you'll be more than happy!