PDA

View Full Version : jumping quad

tpro450r
12-08-2009, 09:49 AM
I got a 450r and was wondering if I could get some pointers on jumping it, thanx

rooster300ex
12-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Go for small jumps first, and never let off the throttle at the tip of the jump, u could possibly nose dive.

Jakeyracer
12-09-2009, 10:19 PM
One thing to help is try jumping smaller table tops or a jump to flat and i find keeping it at mid throttle at the gear of choice and a quick stab at the throttle on the face of the jump helps... and i prefer landing on the gas(some disagree but most wont)

Spinning tires hit the ground without drag, too much you will land and wheelie, but i find it better than landing and feeling like your gunna get thrown over the bars!

after some time work on throttle control in the air (Remember: gas=nose up brake=nose down) play with it and find what works or better your skills! Eventually adjust where you put your weight and try to put your quad where you want it in the air.

After all THE ONLY REASON QUADS ARE FUN IS CONTROL! The more you have the more fun your going to have!

KEVIN300A
12-11-2009, 01:28 PM
a quick stab at the throttle on the face of the jump helps!!

VERY BAD IDEA you should come off the face of any jump with smooth throttle... either high or mid rpms... "stabbing" the throttle at the face of the jump will cause you nose high and def. make for a bad landing... goodluck and start small... it all takes time

Jakeyracer
12-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Its about learning how to control the quad in flight. Notice I told him to play with it, Im NOT telling him to launch off a 40 ft double and keep it pinned till it works. He just needs a table or a jump to flat to learn how to control it in flight.

But at least with your nose high its A LOT easier to bring a nose down in flight(rather than panic reving to lift the nose) and even if it doesnt drop fast enough id rather land rear heavy any day over landing front heavy... :( bad bad experience but i got over it!

But I do see how it could be misunderstood maybe "a blip on the throttle" would be a better way to be putting it.

tpro450r
12-13-2009, 11:14 PM
well I'll see how much I remember when it's gametime. I'just wired up my tether and am legit to hit the track. i'll try it out on open practice day. thanks for the info....baby steps