PDA

View Full Version : cobra questions

edwardsp&b
12-07-2009, 09:05 PM
hey, just picked up an 08 70 shifter. have a couple of questions.
1. the tires that came on it are big mammoths and i was told that they came on it new. should i change for mx and go to a smaller tire?
2. where can i buy a quadtech seatcover?
3 i thought the front end ball joints were a crazy design, how have they worked for you guys, and if you changed them what did you go to?
4. i know to change the tranny oil, how often? which oil do you recommend?
5. any other maintainence that i need to keep a close eye on?
(doesnt include checking the tightness of bolts, i figured that one already)

thanks alot
bryan

heathmxracing
12-08-2009, 11:28 AM
1. Your quad probably has the Carlisle Turf Tamers. There are a few other options like the Carlise Snow Hogs, ITP Quadcross, or Maxxis Razr
2. Any dealer should be able to get you hooked up whit a seat cover.
3. Their called spherical bearings. We have had some issues with them so we have made our own front end to eliminate this problem.
4. Change the fluid as much as possible. I personally change our after every moto.
5. Just the regular items on any racing machine.

If you have any more questions just give us a call and we would be glad to help you with your new quad.

John Heath
Heath Racing
812 622-0138
812 673-4958

edwardsp&b
12-08-2009, 06:41 PM
thanks for the reply. i also talked to brandon@tittles, appreciate it alot!
bryan

mxkids
12-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Bryan,

Sent you a pm.

Sonia

Logan #34's Dad
12-10-2009, 11:54 PM
TRADER! LOL

edwardsp&b
12-11-2009, 07:08 AM
alright rocky!! i was waiting for this to happen. we are still running cvt's, we just got the cobra to learn how to start shifting. proud to say after about 30 minutes he was riding around with no problems. i thought that would be a 2 week ordeal. he is dying to get on our track with it, maybe tonight.
bryan