PDA

View Full Version : 250ex MAGNETIC OIL PLUG

rescuescrub
12-07-2009, 06:26 PM
DOES ANYONE MAKE A MAGNETIC OIL PLUG FOR A'07 TRX250EX??? SINCE THERE IS NO OIL FILTER GUESS THIS WOULD BE A WAY SO COLLECT ANY CRAP IN THE OIL...THNXS

rapple
12-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Don't know about a magnetic plug, but if you've got an old computer hard drive laying around, you'll find 2 extremely powerful magnets inside. Stick one to your drain plug and it'll trap any steel that comes in contact with it.

You can probable pickup a broken drive off eBay for a couple of bucks. I use them on just about every engine I own and they work great.

dman66
12-17-2009, 07:21 PM
I picked up a magnetic automotive drain plug, retapped the old oil plug hole that had stripped theads, and installed new magnetic oil plug. No leaks as of yet. Plug was in help section at pep boys. Im sure if you search a little bit you can find the proper metric plug that is magnetic.

Trxman300
12-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by rapple
Don't know about a magnetic plug, but if you've got an old computer hard drive laying around, you'll find 2 extremely powerful magnets inside. Stick one to your drain plug and it'll trap any steel that comes in contact with it.

You can probable pickup a broken drive off eBay for a couple of bucks. I use them on just about every engine I own and they work great.

i have never heard about that idea before..... sounds very interesting. would love to try that

dman66
12-24-2009, 09:17 PM
the automotive plug I used works great with no leaks. Like I said,before, you can probably find the proper size metric magnetic oil plug. do a google search.

Trxman300
12-26-2009, 08:36 PM
ya i bet i can too. i will have to cheak that out soon.