PDA

View Full Version : Big Rig Road Side Assistance

TNT
12-07-2009, 02:25 PM
I got a F-450 truck I pull a 46 foot fifth wheel, does anyone one of a national road side assistance company that will tow me if I break down?

AAA won't, this truck I've had barely fit a normal flat bed and some have a fifth wheel attachment, other time I had it towed out of LL a big rig 18 wheeler hauler came out and pulled the whole rig.

I've heard of some that will come give you tires and assistance but don't know who?

Kinda sucks getting caught out in the boonies some of these places want an arm and a leg so figured I join a truckers club.

elite ATV1
12-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by TNT
I got a F-450 truck I pull a 46 foot fifth wheel, does anyone one of a road side assistance company that will tow me if I break down?

AAA won't, this truck I've had barely fit a normal flat bed and some have a fifth wheel attachment, other time I had it towed out of LL a big rig 18 wheeler hauler came out and pulled the whole rig.

I've heard of some that will come give you tires and assistance but don't know who?

Kinda sucks getting caught out in the boonies some of these places want an arm and a leg so figured I join a truckers club.

Hit up a local truck stop and ask around there.. or go to local truck driving company's and ask them

derekhonda
12-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Emergency Breakdown Service / Tredroc Tire is who we use.

http://www.ebsoncall.com/

Get your regional agent, they will farm out and find you a local company to handle any over the road problem, but you'll pay a premium for it.

elite ATV1
12-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Do you only haul local or regional? that will also depend on who you can get to tow you

derekhonda
12-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by elite ATV1
Do you only haul local or regional? that will also depend on who you can get to tow you

EBS is like a 24 hour "help" broker. They charge a premium, because they find someone working 24 hours in your area, and send them your way.

elite ATV1
12-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
EBS is like a 24 hour "help" broker. They charge a premium, because they find someone working 24 hours in your area, and send them your way.

yea i know that i was just asking PO where he hauls cus as you stated there pricey.. if he could find a cheaper one in his towing area but if he is regional it wont matter

TNT
12-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by elite ATV1
yea i know that i was just asking PO where he hauls cus as you stated there pricey.. if he could find a cheaper one in his towing area but if he is regional it wont matter

....We plan on hitting all the 2010 nationals and some AX in the midwest this winter, I got a local company.

I hauled from SC to MS this last weekend and I'm telling you with diesel you can go for miles without seeing a truck stop and you can get out in the middle of nowhere and break down in the cold and there will be miles for a big truck hauler to come to the rescue. I keep my rig well maintain and got an 08 truck w/20 k but still scary.

I was hauling last weekend through Atalnta, well I had 1/4 tank 50 miles to E going in then so figure I'd see a truck spot you know how they are usually outside the cities, well it's Friday rush hour every exit is jammed pack, I got off one but no way was getting in the station so got out of that situation no gas then was down to 5 miles left and was well outside of atlanta then all sudden the truck shuts down w/5 miles left. Call AAA they said they don't deliver diesel nor can they tow my truck like they said when I signed up so I cancelled that today. Anyway, so I call the sheriff give my GPS position which is not reading that well they come can't find me hour later I call back 911 they come again and walla! lol! Truck stop was five miles up the road and why my truck stoped when I had 5 miles left is beyond me....figures! :rolleyes:

I call some of the places above tommorrow. Thx..

elite ATV1
12-07-2009, 09:49 PM
ok sounds good.
Deff. check out EBS that would prolly be your best bet

Haulinbass
12-07-2009, 09:53 PM
do you have a in bed tank as well if not get one there are lots that will still fit with a 5th wheel. If your maitnence is good you should have nothing to worry about 20k isnt even broke in yet.

For towing best bet is a trucking company with a scissor neck lowboy and a winch, but that could cost $200/hr depending on where you live.