PDA

View Full Version : 250X Stuff

FourFiftyFour
01-18-2003, 06:42 PM
I just got a 87 250X thats pretty much all stock, and Im planning on doing quite a bit of MX on it... I dont have a really big cash flow... so I was wanting to know... anyone have any good stuff for sell or any good ideas? I am needing pretty much everything so... if anyone has any ideas or suggestions please tell me.

honda250xrider
01-18-2003, 06:50 PM
first i would start off widing your quad, i would recommend a rpm, or lonestar axle +4,+2 and then i would recommend getting some a-arms i have found what works for me best is +2+1, which means 2" wider and 1 inch forward, then you could work on getting shocks, for a decent shock and for your budget i would get works.

FourFiftyFour
01-18-2003, 11:14 PM
you have an awesome 250x! I remember seeing it in the readers rides section, I sure would like to have mine end up lookin similar to that soon

TRX300X
01-19-2003, 07:35 AM
Wider is always better :D Works shocks will be fine for MX. I race MX and I'm running works all the way around the only problem is brand new it'll run you somewhere around $800+ depending on what you get. After wideing and shocks I'd do a pipe to start off with and then go from there. My first mod was an airfilter and then I ended up with a 250X gone 300X. Most of all have fun with it and learn from it.