PDA

View Full Version : Other College Students Who Miss Riding

Sjorge450R
12-07-2009, 11:37 AM
I have been out of the sport basically for about a year and half now and let me tell you. All i want to do is ride/race. I would rather race as I have never really just free ridden. I mean I have a quad that is setup to race (most of you know my R) its just there is no time with school work and such. I planned on racing this past summer, but the series I was going to run cancelled (AGP). I just need to get out for a weekend some where and just ride as I havent ridden since May.

Who else feels like this?

J.Brown121
12-07-2009, 11:44 AM
i've already missed 3 dune trips b/c of school, but i'm done next week so i'm going to ride as mush as possible over the christmas break

bens250ex
12-07-2009, 11:45 AM
i miss it....every weekend i go home im just to busy to ride..next year i will have my bike down here though so ican ride.

dns1764
12-07-2009, 12:28 PM
yup same here. tomorrow is my last day of finals so i'm loading up and heading for nh before there is too much snow on the ground.

honda400ex2003
12-07-2009, 12:43 PM
I have another week before i get to go home and ride. i was home over thanksgiving and didnt even get to ride since my machine is all tore apart sitting in the garage. thank god for the 300ex my sister has, i sorta kept my sanity riding that. we had to be careful where we rode since it was hunting season. :( steve

One_Bad_400
12-07-2009, 12:59 PM
well i'm a college kid that misses riding but college isnt in my way, its money. i go to school and have run welding all day. only go to school every other day. so plenty of time to ride with a track in my back yard.

over christmas break i plan to do some riding. building one quad to race some AX races and building another stock to do alot of trail riding and splashing threw puddles if i wana. i cant rememebr the last time i got a bike muddy. as i grew older i got more afraid of the water and mud

Pipeless416
12-07-2009, 01:15 PM
i haven't actually ridden since like june.. every time i try, like over thanksgiving break, it falls through. i now have a rear gt thunder elka and an xc link that has been installed since september, and i still haven't been able to try it :( . just found out my december trip is falling through too. i should have gone to school closer to home, and not gotten an RA job.

Robin Hood
12-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Same here bud. I was pretty upset that AGP got canceled. This year was tough for me and I don't think I'm gonna race next season because of school/lack of money. My school/career comes first... Unfortunately. :(

MX MaNiAc 06
12-07-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm one of those guys as well. I have about an hour and a half of seat time since I started this year. Haven't even started my bike in almost two months..

mineralgrey01gt
12-07-2009, 01:41 PM
ive been out of it for 1 1/2yrs and just picked up a dirt cheap 400ex with no problems. So ill be riding this weekend. Im also in college, radiology technology school so it takes up a ton of time with class and clinicals

greenblood01
12-07-2009, 01:52 PM
The last time I rode the YFZ was labor day weekend :( I miss riding so much. I have a place to keep my quad at college, but there is no where to ride in the northwest corner of Missouri.

Sjorge450R
12-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Yeah I have like 8 hours of seat time this entire year if that. Its terrible. Sometimes I wonder if it worth me keeping the quad around any more. The only thing that gets me keeping it is the fact that its paid off and i dont owe one penny on it.

Canadian144
12-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Well I'm currently in Grade 11 and barely get to ride... which sucks!

Only 1 or 2 weekends a month I get to ride... long weekends are sweet though, gotta love them.

This Xmas break I'm gonna ride a lot also haha.

Pipeless416
12-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Canadian144

Only 1 or 2 weekends a month I get to ride... long weekends are sweet though, gotta love them.

i would give anything just for those 1 or 2 weekends per month.

J.Brown121
12-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Canadian144

i wish i had 1 or 2 weekends a month. when you get in college and have a job you'll know what we're talking about man

rooster300ex
12-07-2009, 03:27 PM
everytime i ride i get into it with my ole ladie

J.Brown121
12-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by rooster300ex

my girl used to get mad when i went ridin', but i took her one day and she loved it and she started going with me all the time

440racer66
12-07-2009, 03:41 PM
i miss it every day. everytime i look at a mx track i feel like chit. and i no longer have a quad. i love college. haha

rooster300ex
12-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by ridin'MX365
my girl used to get mad when i went ridin', but i took her one day and she loved it and she started going with me all the time

she use to go with me now she doesn't have no interest.

honda400ex2003
12-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by rooster300ex

sounds like you need to get rid of her. lol. steve

greenblood01
12-07-2009, 05:31 PM
I've honestly been debating selling the quad lately.. A nicer truck would be much more practical than my quad sitting in the shed depreciating.

honda400ex2003
12-07-2009, 05:51 PM
ill be trudgin through a foot of snow on mine when i get home. i will be riding the snowmobiles instead. :( steve

Rootar
12-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
well i'm a college kid that misses riding but college isnt in my way, its money. i go to school and have run welding all day. only go to school every other day. so plenty of time to ride with a track in my back yard.

over christmas break i plan to do some riding. building one quad to race some AX races and building another stock to do alot of trail riding and splashing threw puddles if i wana. i cant rememebr the last time i got a bike muddy. as i grew older i got more afraid of the water and mud

just give me a call man we are ready to go ride as of next friday until the middle of january! :devil:

One_Bad_400
12-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
just give me a call man we are ready to go ride as of next friday until the middle of january! :devil:

this friday or the week after that? just sent you a friend request on facebook.

i'm going home to MS for Christmas break next week and planning on riding alot to get ready for an Arenacross race in Memphis, TN. if i can gather up all my buds to split gas we could drive somewhere and all ride.

rooster300ex
12-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
sounds like you need to get rid of her. lol. steve

yea really lol

250x_kyle
12-07-2009, 08:44 PM
betwen school and work i have no free time at all. havent rode since mid august. decided to part mine out and build something new so when theres snow i can atleast wrench on something.

all i can say is that when i was in hs even with a job i still had time to ride.

450Rfutureracer
12-07-2009, 08:49 PM
im not in college yet but have already made plans to take my quad with me and put it in storage with the truck and be able to head to the local track or trail system, which at most is 30min away. My parents call me crazy for planning my future around riding spots, but you have to keep your sanity somehow right???

Sjorge450R
12-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by 450Rfutureracer
im not in college yet but have already made plans to take my quad with me and put it in storage with the truck and be able to head to the local track or trail system, which at most is 30min away. My parents call me crazy for planning my future around riding spots, but you have to keep your sanity somehow right???

hahaha. Sounds like a good idea. I planned my college around programs and how they rank in teh nation...lol

I go to school in North Philadelphia, there is plenty of riding...all the neighbors in the area just romp around the streets on banshees and LTR450's..... I should show them up with my 450r...lol

4wheelinmatt
12-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Im 6 hours from home so i only get to ride on breaks like Thanksgiving and Fall break and such. This Christmas break though, ill be riding allll the time to make up for lost time lol.

TRXDave
12-08-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm not on college or something like... Only "learning" a Jop (we have a very different System here in Germany)
Since one Year i havent got the time or money to finish my 250r , only work,work, work or go to "School" 150 Km from home.
Now i'm waiting for a answer from bvc racing, i want to get Parts. Here in Germany are no Parts aviable for my god old R... I hope i can ride it next year :) :devil:

TrapZ400
12-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Yea it does suck being at school and not being able to ride everyday. Im 3 hours away. The only thing that kept me sane last year was skateboarding but this past summer I messed up my knee and had to have surgery. So I cant do any sports for a while. Im debating on selling my quads and getting a car. Then when I get a good paying job ill just buy a new quad.

KXRida
12-09-2009, 04:40 AM
welcome to my life for the last 3 years! I feel your pain. Thankfully I'm done graduate tomorrow from yet another class!!! Glad to finally be done though. It's rough coming home, getting phone calls to go riding and knowing that you have prior obligations. Get through these next few years and ride your life away!!!!

destey
12-09-2009, 06:48 AM
Women, drinking, parties, 18 credit hours... didn't think too much about riding

KXRida
12-09-2009, 07:01 AM
Destry... the first three of those will get you in trouble. haha trust me on that one.